Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Slower speed for the last few days.

gijoe50000
Investigator

Slower speed for the last few days.

My broadband has been much slower than normal for the last few days. It's varying from 1-4Mbps download, with the odd spike a little bit higher to maybe 7-10Mbps for a second or two, then back down to crawling. My upload speed seems to be about the same, even a little bit higher at times. And a ping of 43ms.

I have between 4 and 5 bars on the router, and I have gotten speeds of up to 30-50Mbps in the past, so I know the signal strength is good enough.

I've tried resetting the router but it did no good.

I don't think it's due to congestion either because last night after midnight it was still really slow.

Is there some problem with the network, after the storms the last few days or something?

I'm in the Clonakilty area..

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@gijoe50000 Hi there, I've checked the masts in and around Clonakilty and all are up and running. How's your service today? Let me know 👍

At the moment it's between 2-5Mbps up and down. Sometimes I'll get  a spike to about 7-11 for a second.

speed2.PNG

speed1.PNG

Update:

So, after midnight the speed increased to about 20-25Mbps, so it's most likely a congestion issue during the day and evening.. 

Is there any hopes of getting better speeds before the early hours of the morning then?

I mean, can 3 do anything, or is it just tough luck?

@gijoe50000 During peak times the amount of data users on the network does increase and it may result in a dip in speeds. However, you mentioned that you've noticed a difference in the last few days in 2 different areas. This leads me to believe it may be SIM or device-related. Can you keep an eye on it for another day, doing random speed tests? Then send me a PM with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth 👍