Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Why no competition winners?

StephenMcDonn
Investigator

Why no competition winners?

Any else wondering why there hasn't been any competition winners posted since July?

Odd eh?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenMcDonn
Investigator

And they were June's winners.

BTW, I know this is in the 'suggestions' forum so to clarify, I'm suggesting that maybe winners from the last few months should be posted (if there have been any).

The rumour going around is that 3 staff were picking each other, family and friends as winners of the competitions and management became aware of it. Quite serious really when you think about given that some months had at least 1, sometimes 2 or 3 top of the range phones.

Hope it's sorted soon but to be honest I've kind of lost faith in the process now. Shame.

Kinda odd that this hasn't been addressed yet. Or maybe it's not given the rumours abound.

Or maybe, giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they haven't got around to it yet like the way they haven't informed us of any winners since the June competitions. Although, new competitions are being added regularly.

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark (and 3 HQ)

This is Hilarious. After I posted that last message I got a private message saying I'd been upgraded to "lookout". Now I'm not a paranoid man and I'm not saying 3 are telling me I should 'Lookout' for highlighting this but let's just say I found the Irony hilarious.

I noticed (scrollshot) that the viewers fell from 19,086 at the beginning of last year down to approx 3,000 recently so it seems I'm not the only one who's lost faith in this system. The figures don't lie.

@StephenMcDonn, Hi there, I've looked at your posts with real interest and first off I want to apologise for the seemingly late reply. The 3Community Admins were out of office last week and our supporting moderators did not have access to your comments. But I'm here now!

You're right in saying that the Competition Winners lists haven't been updated since June and the views have dropped. During COVID restrictions, there were significantly less competitions on 3Plus and when a winner is called, they are asked if we have permission to post their name publicly. The 3Plus team then sends us over the list of winners. Things are changing and 3Plus have a whole load of competitions and offers lined up for the coming months

Next, I'd love to know where you heard that rumour! The 3Plus team are a small handful of people and winners are chosen at random but that team only. It's strange that the rumour you mentioned implies that random 3Staff pick the winners .I assure you that employees are not, ever where or ever will be a competition winner. Part of the t/c's call out that you cannot be a Three employee, we can, however, avail of the discounts and Presales. For 3Plus Competition T/C's click here

"Competitions are open to all 3Plus members, excluding employees of Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited or Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited, or any of their subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this Competition."

As this is a Community, your "rank" goes up every time you log in, post, give kudos or even accept a solution. Ranking up gives you extra abilities on 3Community. You may have noticed that when you did rank up to "lookout" you were able to send a PM. 

Lastly, we have an Everything 3Plus Group Hub, and pretty soon the competition winners will be posted there AND with a new look. Have you joined the group and did you know that you can send future queries to the 3Plus Expert? click here

Hope that covers everything, if not, pop over to the group hub 👌

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Covid excuses don't cut it. At the end of last year & beginning of this year when Covid was rampant winners were being updated monthly so that excuse is nonsense.

In relation to how winners are picked it doesn't really matter what T&C's you have every organisation has opportunity for misuse of the system. As an example Banks and Credit unions are defrauded internally regularly despite it being explicitly against their T&C's and The Law. Any system where humans are involved is vulnerable.

Also I never said "random 3 staff were picking winners" yet you quoted me as saying such. Why? I didn't say it. Anyone reading can see that.

I relation to my comment about my status upgrade I think anyone could detect the tongue and cheek sarcastic nature of that post. I did say it was hilarious.

Finally, as of this posting in the first week of November there's still no winners posted since the June draw.

It's a bad look.