Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Lift broadband data limits

Lift broadband data limits

In the day and age when we use broadband more than ever, it would be nice if Three Ireland followed suit of Three UK and removed the limit on broadband packages.

I know 750 GB/1000 GB (business) a month may seem like a lot, but it's really not, when you consider that single PS5 game can be as much as 150 GB download, all the system updates that are massive for each and every device around the house (smart phones, tablets, computers etc).

In fact, just a single run of Speedtest.net may clock up 500 MB of data in one go on a fast 5G connection. 

Thank you

13 Comments
fergusq
Investigator

Couldn't agree more. For people working from home, streaming, and gaming in a household in rural Ireland, it's just not enough anymore. It is an unlimited product though assuming that you're happy to pay more than €60 for each Gb over the cap.

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

@Daniel_06653 

Thanks for submitting this an idea and the relevant team has pick this up for investigation. It might take some time as the data cap has been extended until April 30th. As soon as I know something, the status of your idea will move along the stages here 👍

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Accepted

fergusq
Investigator

Does 'Accepted' mean that the 750Gb cap has been lifted indefinitely?

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@fergusq not yet! Accepted means that the relevant teams see merit in the idea and are working on making it or something similar a product or service on Three. At this stage, we don’t know if/when your idea will become a reality. Have a look at our blog about the Ideas Board 👇

All About: 3Community Idea's Board 

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @Daniel_06653 & @fergusq I just want to let you know that there is going to be an announcement on this very soon 😀 So stay tuned I'll have  more details soon 👍

Daniel_06653
Investigator

Thank you @Three_Stacey , really exciting, hope it’s good news 🤞🤞🤞

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin
Status changed to: Delivered

@Daniel_06653 & @fergusq I have great news this morning 😜 From 31 August 2022, the fair usage policy will be removed from our unlimited broadband plans. Why not check out here for more details.

Daniel_06653
Investigator
Great news indeed, could you just please kindly confirm if this applies to business plans as well? Thank you!

Daniel
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Daniel_06653 Hi there 😊 the changes happening on the 31st of August only affect consumer plans. I have reached out to our business team to find out if there are plans to make changes to the business plans. As soon as I get an update I'll let you know here 👍