Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Roaming - list of countries where 4G/5G Roaming is available

Roaming - list of countries where 4G/5G Roaming is available

Now that the nice list of countries is available for roaming, it would be even nicer if it listed whether 4G or 5G roaming was available while roaming. 

17 Comments
panosk

Hey @Three_Stacey, I was able to connect a while back, but I've been travelling a lot lately. I can never see 5G option when searching for networks, that's why a list of available countries would be useful. Haven't been able to see 5G network in Italy, Germany, Greece or Austria. I have a Pixel 4a5G if that plays a role. Thanks!

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks for getting back to me @panosk. So recently you have not been able to connect to 5G at all while in Ireland?

Next, I'd like to take a look at your account to make sure that everything is set up correctly in the background. Please pop us a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth.

panosk

@Three_Stacey I am not sure how I can PM you specifically (if possible) but I contacted 3 support and told me that I cannot use 5G while roaming in the EU and pointed me to this document: https://www.three.ie/pdf/5G_Access_for_Bill_Pay_and_Prepay.pdf

I am confused to be honest 😅

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @panosk,  thanks for popping back to us here. I'll be happy to clarify this for you, currently, we can't guarantee 5G coverage while roaming however I can assure you that our network team are working on this and 4G data coverage is still available while roaming

panosk

Ok, thanks for clarifying Niall. In that case, I'll wait to see when said list of 5G coverage while roaming will be available. Cheers!

Rhys

Hi guys, is there any update on this idea?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Not yet @Rhys but I'll keep pushing and hopefully I'll have an update soon.