Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Smartwatch Mobile Connection Support

Smartwatch Mobile Connection Support

Hi, with the recent launch of eSim, it would be great to have Apple/Android smartwatch mobile connection support.

51 Comments
ClareFolan
Investigator

Hi, any update on this?

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @ClareFolan, unfortunately I don't have an update on this however as soon as I have more information I will pop back here with the update.

samdd

I'm hoping that I'll have a little more info on this later this month

@Three_Stacey do you have any update?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@samdd not yet, unfortunately. I am in contact with the eSIM team so as soon as there is an update I'll post here. 

Annette_16996

It’s been the same response since October…. No update yet hope to hear something soon…. But yet here we are mid Feb and still no news. Vodafone has already done it…. It’s out on phones… what’s the issue??? Do we need to move providers? I really don’t want to been with three for a long time. 

Curt_03186

Running a marathon soon. It would be great if I could contact my friends at the finish line without having to run with my phone. 

Michael_43466

Hi, any update on this?

Annette_16996

It’s madness that we keep getting the same recycled response and that there has been zero progress. I’ll be looking into changing to a provider that offers this very soon. Damn shame, been a customer for many years.

Curt_03186

I was in South Africa (a third world country) in July last year and this was already available on both Apple and Samsung watches. Not sure how long before that date it was active. It just doesn't make sense.

https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/shopping/v/vodacom-one-number  

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hey everyone, I'd love to have a more concrete update on this however I can confirm that the relevant team are continuing to work on this and as soon as I have an update I will pop back here to this thread. 

While I'd love to have more information for you and I can understand waiting is frustrating, I can assure you that the team are continuing to work hard to deliver this service but I can confirm that this won't be within Q1 of this year.