Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Smartwatch Mobile Connection Support

Smartwatch Mobile Connection Support

Hi, with the recent launch of eSim, it would be great to have Apple/Android smartwatch mobile connection support.

51 Comments
Annette_16996
Good idea, on the site now and doing so via web chat.
ClareFolan
Investigator

Oooh 😍

Tell me what they say. I need cellular watch.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi everyone, the 3Community Moderator team has been keeping a close eye on this thread and we understand your concerns and frustrations. However, we are not yet able to provide any further updates on the status of eSIM on wearable devices. I know this is not the answer you were hoping for, but I would urge you to understand that this is a project in our internal pipeline, and it will be delivered, but I do not have a concrete date as to when this delivery date might be. We apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused and I assure you that our eSIM team is actively working on support for wearable devices.

Curt_03186

It would be great if I also didn't have deadlines to complete tasks at my job. I can just hand in an assignment whenever I am done with it. No pressure man. It's all chill. 😎

pelowj

We're only waiting since September 2017... nearly 7 years. No rush.

Michael_43466

Hi @Three_Stacey any update?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

No @Michael_43466 I don't have a release date yet.

pelowj

@Michael_43466 at this stage you'd have to assume they'll wait until the launch of new Apple Watches in September.

Annette_16996
At this stage I won’t hold my breath that they are going to do anything…. Twiddling their thumbs for so long now, it’s a joke. I’m currently looking at switching.
pelowj

@Annette_16996 switch to who, though? Vodafone are the only network that offer it, and they only offer it for a limited range of Android Wear devices. No Apple Watch support from any network in Ireland.

I switched to Vodafone in 2022 as they were the only Irish network offering eSIMs and I didn't have a spare SIM card slot. I lasted a year before I switched back to Three – their network is terrible!