Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Issues with corporate VPN connection from 5G broadband

SOLVED
Alexey_99828
Investigator

Issues with corporate VPN connection from 5G broadband

Hi Three team!

Could you please assist with the issues what I faced last week? I'm not able to establish VPN connection to my corporate network through the 5G broadband. Problems has started one week ago in Dublin 1 district and it doesn't related to signal, value of speed and coverage awesome but I'm usually getting connection errors when trying to establish corporate VPN connection. My VMware Horizon client responding with error - "tunnel reconnection not permitted"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

hey. you didnt mention what hardware you have. in case you have outdoor antenna which connects via network cable to a separate router try this:

If you're the only user on that connection try if you can connect to your VPN without the router. in order to do that you need to change the modem from 'bridged mode' to 'router mode' in settings.

screenshot below is for the outdoor antenna ZTE T3000

the default user name for the outdoor unit is "user" + the password on the stickers you got

in case you can connect to your VPN without the router try a hard reset to ...reset factory settings.

modem outside.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexey_99828
Investigator

I have changed some router settings - like turn off/turn on firewall, switch to IPv4 mode only in APN - but nothing helped to resolve connection issue

hey. you didnt mention what hardware you have. in case you have outdoor antenna which connects via network cable to a separate router try this:

If you're the only user on that connection try if you can connect to your VPN without the router. in order to do that you need to change the modem from 'bridged mode' to 'router mode' in settings.

screenshot below is for the outdoor antenna ZTE T3000

the default user name for the outdoor unit is "user" + the password on the stickers you got

in case you can connect to your VPN without the router try a hard reset to ...reset factory settings.

modem outside.jpg

Hey Soeren, thanks for your advice. I used ZTE  router. In any cases, factory reset helped to resolve this issue.