Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

NAT type strict/Type 3 since October

Robin_88991
Investigator

NAT type strict/Type 3 since October

Hello,

There are multiple other threads on this issue and I have a case open with Three about this since about October, but there's been no updates from Three on either front, so I'm hoping this will get somebody's attention.

I've had NAT type 2 or moderate NAT on my PS5 ever since I got my 5G home broadband and everything was working just fine. Then around October last year, Three made some change to their general network environment, which resulted in the NAT type increasing to 3 or strict, making it impossible to play most games online, as players with these restricted NAT types are prevented from connecting to others.

I tried every troubleshoot and workaround in the book, from factory resets, wired connection, switching to my mobile's hotspot (also Three), to router-site tricks like enabling UPnP, DMZ and port forwarding. Absolutely nothing helped. Please do not give me any of this basic advice in response to this post, I assure you I've tried everything and the issue is with Three, not with my hardware. Three implemented carrier-grade NAT or some other change that is causing this and it needs to be reverted as it's causing a key function of the service to be unavailable, which is unacceptable and a breach of contract. 

Can a Three representative please contact me and tell me if carrier-grade NAT can be disabled for my account, if there are any plans to address this issue for the wider customer base or if I'm just expected to accept loss of service without notice or recourse.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Robin_88991, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I can see here that you commented on another Thread advising that a case was raised with the technical team, can you pop through to me here on PM along with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access the account and view the ticket that was raised. 

Any of the users that I have received contact from I am passing the details onto the relevant team here who are continuing to investigate similar queries however the reason I am asking you to contact via PM is because I will need to pass on personal information I wouldn't ask for on a public thread for security purposes.