Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Broadband Service - Speed Issue

GaryD

Broadband Service - Speed Issue

Hi,

I originally reported this issue via phone to the support line on August 1st (Case # 3241535) ... it has since had the case number changed a number of times... as far as I am aware the current number is 3774656.

The issue is that the download speed has gone from being anywhere between 50MB to 90MB ... right down to around 3-5MB and is very often less than 1MB. While at the same time the upload speed would be showing around 7-15MB.

Through the various conversations I've had with tech support (by phone) I've been told that the "fault is at the local mast" however the relevant mast is "not one of ours", that the engineers are "waiting for access to the site" and that "an email has been sent".

One of the issues here is that each time I contact tech support by phone I speak to a different person... I'm given the same information again and told that there's nothing else they can do... and then I get to do it all again the following week. This is now going on for more than two months and the engineers are still "waiting for access".

Is it possible that someone at Three could address this a little more proactively please ? When was the last time this was followed up on ? What exactly is the hold up ? When can the engineers expect to get access to the site ? What is the estimated resolution date ?

Please let me know if you need any more information. (I'm assuming that since I am logged in to My3 that I don't need to add any contact information).

Thanks

Gary

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@GaryD, Hi there, I'd like to look into this for you. To do this I'll need to gain access to your account and the case that's been raised to our tech team. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth so I can access both of those 👍