Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Does my local phone mast have 5G?

SOLVED
SeanMac
Connector

Does my local phone mast have 5G?

Just wondering does my local phone mast have 5G?

The coordinates are:

Site ID: THREE_LO0008

Easting: 303457

Northing: 307340

Latitude: 54.01

Longitude: -6.42

Info taken from the Comreg Site Viewer.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@SeanMac Great glad to hear you're happy with the 4G service but if you ever want to change 5G is available for you. In regards to your plan, you would need to update your plan to avail of 5G I've included a link here to a list of our new SIMO plans.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@SeanMac Hi there 😊 this THREE_LO0008 provides 4G and 3G service. If you want to check for 5G in your area have a check here.

Thanks Stacey. Do you know are there any plans to upgrade this mast to 5G? Thanks.

@SeanMac I've taken another look at the coverage in your area. ComReg doesn't have 5G service listed yet but I can see that we do currently 5G in your area. To avail of the service, you'll need to make sure that your phone is 5G enabled & that the plan you're on is 5G compatible. If you let me know the name of your plan I can check if it's compatible.

Shane, I currently have an iphone 8 which is a 4G phone. My plan is 3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO. Pretty satisfied with 4G at the moment. As I'm near a mast i get decent speeds (40 and higher nearly all the time) with the phone and my broadband router.

@SeanMac Great glad to hear you're happy with the 4G service but if you ever want to change 5G is available for you. In regards to your plan, you would need to update your plan to avail of 5G I've included a link here to a list of our new SIMO plans.