Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Does the 5G service support a home phone?

SOLVED
bcolgan
Investigator

Does the 5G service support a home phone?

I have called the 1800 number and I have been in contact with an Agent online but nobody can tell me if the new 5G Pro install service can have a "landline" off it.

I believe this was/is possible with the 4G service.

Parents have moved house and will have to dig a trench a few hundred yards and under 2 stone walls to get traditional landline in to house, so I'm investigating options.

Apparently they are in a 5G area, which was confirmed by the Agent on chat today but they could not tell me if it's possible to have an old school DSL/landline phone off the AX3 router that is supplied with the 5G Pro install service.

I see the router supplied with the non-Pro install in the UK does have an RJ11 landline/DSL type connector, so that would work, I think but very difficult to tell from the info on website.

If I sign up for it and it doesn't work, what are my options?

I need to be able to transfer their old fixed landline number to whatever new service I go with also.

Not easy getting definite answers.

12 REPLIES 12

@bcolgan How did this work out for you as I too am now in the same situation and would like to transfer a landline number onto the Three 5G FWA ZTE MC7010 Outdoor CPE but not sure if this is possible. 

Sorry but I went the physical land line route in the end as we weren't in 5G coverage.

@bcolgan Ah fair enough, thanks anyway.