Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Hi, 3 4G Broadband is now unusable.

Maurice24
Investigator

Hi, 3 4G Broadband is now unusable.

Hi, 

My Three mobile broadband has become unusable since the start of January this year. Right now I'm getting 0.4Mbps Downloads and 0.08Mbps upload. is so bad right now, I cannot even sent basic emails for work. 

I'm in direct line of sight of the 3 mast, just over two km away with no obstructions. 

To confirm, This is not a router issue, the router has been done to death. I also have a Three package with my phone, the same story there, the 4G on by phone has also dropped off a cliff since January. 

I have contacted customer support several times, including phoning and using the online chat. I have been told my case has been escalated and I will be updated, but when I contact again for an update there is no record. This has happened several times sense the start of the month. I was on the customer support again today and the same story, they had no record of my previous issues.  What information I get is that " 4G service is partially down" in you area as there is an "issue" with the mast and switch to 3G instead. 3g is no better. 

I'm not looking for super fast speeds, not complaining cause I can't get  YouTube or Netflix, I simply need some basic level of broadband so I can work form home and use seesaw to upload homework for the kids. It is maddening to pay for something and actually not get a service. 

can you confirm that there is a issue with the mast in my area and actually give me some indication of when it will be fixed. the reason I'm frustrated is simple, if I can't work form home, I cant work period. 

thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

@Maurice24 that's for the up-to-date details and I've logged all that info with our tech team and have noted it on your account. I've sent you the reference number in PM.

@Vin_C I get your frustration and I reached out to you here last week. Have you tried switching to 3G only as mentioned to @Maurice24 ? I've checked your area, although I don't have an exact address I see that 4G is present and has a strong signal outdoors. But you are using a broadband router, right? And 3G is the strongest signal indoors. Can you try this for the next 24 hours? 

Will you also send me a PM with your full details 👉ll name, broadband number, full address and date of birth. with this I'll access your account and the full transcript with our web messaging agents.

Hi, Just an update, over the last few days, there has been a significant improvement to download and upload speeds. They appear to be constant through the day. I now getting aprox 8-15Mpbs download and about 20Mpbs upload.  It seems the issues have bene resolved with the local mast. thanks