Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Slow Speeds in Kilkenny

Add_11661
Novice

Slow Speeds in Kilkenny

We have been with Three Broadband for the last year and it's never been great but the last week or so it has been horrendous. Honestly like using a dial up connection!

We're right in the centre of Kilkenny, I've rebooted the router several times, have changed it to different spots in the house and nothing is working.

Can you please advise?

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Add_11661 , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'd be happy to look into this further for you, I have checked the masts in the area that is linked to the account and I can confirm that there aren't any unplanned outages with the local masts however as you are using a radio-based signal there are multiple factors that can affect the coverage you are receiving. 

Before completing the troubleshooting I would recommend completing a speed test so you can see the speeds that you are receiving when you connect to the modem. Rather than rebooting the device I would recommend attempting a factory reset on the device if you are using a Huawei B535. On the back of the device, there will be a small hole with the word reset written above the device. You will need to get something small like a pin and push down the button until you feel the click and hold it down for 10 seconds. Once you have this done the device should fluctuate in colour and reboot and wait about 60 seconds after the reboot before doing another speed test.

Once you have this done and if you are still unsatisfied with the speeds you can also try manually selecting the network which you can find the steps for here and you can also try manually switching between 3G and 4G to check which connection will provide the best speeds in your area and you can find the steps for this here. 

Hi Niall, 

I have reset the device as you've suggested with little to no change. 

I have also been manually switching between 4G and 5G with no improvement

Please see screenshots of speed test below. 

Screenshot_20240320_171529_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240320_171239_Google.jpgScreenshot_20240320_170259_Google.jpg

Hey @Add_11661 , thanks for passing on the screenshots. I'd love to look into this for you. Pop through to us here on PM along with the broadband number, full name, address and date of birth so I can validate the account and investigate this further.