Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Urgent - Bill Error

SOLVED
butterflyz
Investigator

Urgent - Bill Error

Hello all,

I hope everyone  is well and having a good day.

I have a few problem with my mobile broadband bill.

1. I paid my last bill on 12th October, it is there is my payments made on my account.

My bill came 2 weeks later and does not show this payment made. It did not come off the bill at all and as of today I have been temporarily  disconnected. My new bill (this months) is not due until 9th November. The payment is on your system in my payments history and also came out of my bank.

Can someone please un- suspend my plan and restore my internet, this is not my error. Three received my payment on Oct 12th.

(Update) I needed my internet back so I rang customer service and a very nice chap told me that a small number of customers had an issue where a payment made was not deducted from their bill. He has put my service back on but my bill is still wrong. Can you please look at it.

2. When reviewing my Bill's today, I noticed that this has happened before. Over the summer in June there was another double bill and in July the system took a double payment. How is that possible.

My bill is supposed to be 30e a month but if you look at my bill average, it is up at 44e.

3. Also while reviewing my bill I noticed that I am being charged a 'one off fee' of 3.71e every single month. Can you please look into this for me? There is nothing I should be charged for like that. I pay my bill every month and even pay in advance sometimes. 

Just for some background, I am originally an O2 dongle customer who came over automatically.

If you review my account, you will see that there has been some ransom system anomalies with it before. It's like it didn't set-up correctly. I have never been able to edit or access certain areas of my3.

Is there someone available to look into my ongoing billing issues.

Thanks so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Ahh yes ... there is the €44, it's showing as the average. So there might have been a misunderstanding about the double payment and I'll investigate that further for you. 

Looking forward to helping you as much as I can in PM. Talk soon @butterflyz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@butterflyz Hello there, it's been a long time since you and I talked. I'm guessing that the SIM replacement and router form last time helped you out ! Anyway, I'm delighted to see you posting on 3Community again regardless of the circumstances. 

I'm happy to check this out for you, but since it's been such a long time, you'll need to send me a PM ( once your rank changes) with your full details > name, number, address and date of birth. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@butterflyz, so I've read your PM in detail and I'm working on it some of the details 👍

What I can say publicly is:

1: Yes, in October there were a small number of customers whose original payment wasn't fully processed until about a week later. From what I can tell from the info above that your billing cycle starts before the 12th and your bill issue date is around the 20th of the month, right?  Due to system limitations the payment you made was considered "late" and will reflect on your next issued bill. Which will be generated any day soon. I realise this is inconvenient and I am sorry for that. We'll talk more in PM

2: I see what happened in July. It wasn't a double payment, though or a system error. But it's always worth asking about something when in doubt I'll go through this in detail in PM too as I'll need to talk about personal details. Just wondering was €44 a typo? Should it have been €34 ? 🤔 I'm prone to a typo or two, so it's no biggie 🤗

3: The admin charge is a non-direct debit fee. This is in our price guide and t/c's. My hands are tied on that one 👐 and I'd recommend setting up direct debit.

For all the other stuff you mentioned, we can sort that out in no time, well almost! 🙂

Hi @Three_Deborah 

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I got your PM too and will reply.

1. If you say it will be reflected on my next bill, that's all good. I am worried I will be disconnected again though.

2. You say there was no double payment in July??? There definitely was, it's in my payment history, 2 payments were on my next bill and it affected the next months amount due. I did only went to make one payment, I only entered my cv2 code once and 2 identical payments were taken.  

I rang up about it and was told it would take at least 14 days for a refund so I had no choice really but ti let it go and let it come off of my next bill. Just because I accepted it doesn't mean it wasnt a system error, why would I pay it twice. I never authorised that 2nd payment, that was my point. 

So please dont say it didn't happen when it did.

And no 44 is not a typo, attaching screengrab from my3.

3. I have set up a DD twice already, i will PM you about this.

20211102_122326.jpg

Ahh yes ... there is the €44, it's showing as the average. So there might have been a misunderstanding about the double payment and I'll investigate that further for you. 

Looking forward to helping you as much as I can in PM. Talk soon @butterflyz