Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't phone other networks

Laren_33439
Investigator

Can't phone other networks

I am on three plus but have a problem. I am supposed to receive 60 minutes a month to call other networks but I can only call numbers listed on the three networks.

6 REPLIES 6
Laren_33439
Investigator

What do I need to change on my phone setup / plan in order to be able to text international numbers. I'm on Three plus.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @Laren_33439 welcome to 3Community 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your service but I'd love to help you get this sorted. From your posts I can see that you're having difficulties making calls and texting internationally is that correct?

To investigate this the first thing I need to know is what plan are you on and when was the last time you topped up and activated your plan. If you're not sure of your plan name just log in to your My3 account you'll see the plan name on your dashboard.

Can you also let me know how long have you been having difficulties and what error are you getting when you try to make a call or send an international text. 

Hi Stacey

I'm on Three plus and I last typed up on the 24th of March. I have never
been able to call other networks or text internationally.

Thanks

Laren

To investigate this I'm going to need to have a look at your account @Laren_33439. Please pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. Once I have these I'll be able to review your account and raise an investigation with our technical team if needed.

Hi

The details requested are as follows:
Laren XXX
083XXXXXXX

Thanks

*Edited by Mod

Thanks for sharing your details @Laren_33439 but as you shared them publically I have removed them as its best not to have your details out there. 

I've had a look at your account and I can see that your plan is 3 Prepay 20, this is a draw-down plan meaning that when you top up by €20 it is automatically drawn down to activate your plan. To send international text you'd need to have a credit balance.

So that I can investigate the difficulty you're having with making off network calls would it be possible for you to send me a PM with a couple of examples? I'd need the number you tried to call and if possible the date and time.