Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Change from BeFree Talk to 20euro AYCE/3-3calls/free texts

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change from BeFree Talk to 20euro AYCE/3-3calls/free texts

Hi,

I am currently signed up to BeFree talk plan and would like to change to the new prepay top up deal advertised here.

Could someone please help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Not at all, I'm happy to help 💪  So you'll need a new SIM as the SIM you're using is not compatible with the new plan.

The new SIM number will start 8935305 and will come with a tempory 083 number.

Once you have this then you port your number on to this SIM.

Once you port the number over this will automatically close the old plan and account.

Just to be aware any credit you have will not transfer over, so if you have some credit its best to use this up for first.

Let me know if you need any more help 👍

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Julie_D
3 Mod Retired

Hi @Anonymous, you can certainly move to the new plan. To do this you will need to get a new prepaid SIM, you can get this instore or order online here

Once you get the SIM you'll then need to port your number. All this can be done online. 

Any questions please let me know 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Julie,
Just want to make sure, do I need to cancel the current offer? Got a new sim in december, maybe the new deal wasn't available then.
Thanks

No, the plan is still available you'll just need to top up the new SIM by €20 to activate the plan. Did you get a tempory 083 number with the new SIM? 

You'll also need to make sure that your phone is unlocked, if you test the new SIM in it, this will let you know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Julie, thanks for your help here.

I was originally an O2 customer and stayed with three when it changed, had the old sim up until I got a new phone which required a new sim last december. I think the new SIM had it's own 083 number but I'm not sure, I changed it straight away to my old O2 086 number. I have topped up by 20 at a time since then but the BeFree Talk is still active.

My current SIM card is labelled with a number starting 8935302.

So can I use this SIM card for the new deal or have I to get a new SIM?

And if I get a new SIM and port my number, wont I have to cancel the BeFree Talk plan or does that happen automatically?

Thanks for your help again.

Not at all, I'm happy to help 💪  So you'll need a new SIM as the SIM you're using is not compatible with the new plan.

The new SIM number will start 8935305 and will come with a tempory 083 number.

Once you have this then you port your number on to this SIM.

Once you port the number over this will automatically close the old plan and account.

Just to be aware any credit you have will not transfer over, so if you have some credit its best to use this up for first.

Let me know if you need any more help 👍