Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Data charges

DarrenS
Investigator

Data charges

Hi,

I appear to have been charged 79.36 in the past day for data, despite having a data allowance. My data allowance still has data remaining and I wasn't informed it was at 80% until AFTER I received a message that my account balance was low. I still havent been informed of it reaching 100% and on the my3 app it states that I still have 26mb remaining.

In addition to this, my account is set up to stop me from being able to use data when I don't have all you can eat data or a 500mb data allowance. This has been the case for about 5-10 years for me. I believe it might be to do with data roaming or something - when I dont have data, the internet doesnt work and a page stating that I am out of credit (even if I have credit) appears. My brother, who is also with three, also has this set up. Why has this feature suddenly been turned off for me? I would like to be refunded for this charge. I have been a loyal customer to three for almost 15 years now and cant believe this has happened! I have never run into this issue before.

Darren

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenS
Investigator

Just checked again and this is still rising despite having my data turned off on my phone all day! It has currently charged me 81.29. This is getting scary now! Why is all my credit being taken from me like this!?

Maria267
Novice

Hi,

I had €60 credit and it took it away over a couple of hours, as you can see in the screenshots below. I also think it's strange that the volume is the same over and over within seconds!

I didn't know until I got a text saying my balance was low.

I'm on the 3Pay All You Can Eat Data plan.

My3 Data.jpgMy3 Data 2.jpg

@Maria267 was your promotion active when the charges incurred or had your it expired? If your promotion was expired and you data was turned on it is €1.01 per MB to use data. Depending on what you're using your data for your available credit can be used up quickly.