Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Expiring credit

Roithriun
Investigator

Expiring credit

I received a text a few weeks ago that my credit was about to expire and I needed to top up to extend the expiry of my credit.

I topped up as instructed but, contrary to the information in the text from Three, the expiry of my existing credit was not extended.

To make matters even worse, usage since I topped up has been deducted from the new credit rather than my existing credit, which is still due to expire in a few days. The same thing happened last September - usage depleted my new credit and a few euro of my old credit was expired despite my attempts to use it up.

What's going on..??

54 REPLIES 54
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Roithriun this is a strange one, but I'd be happy to look into it for you if you haven't already reached out to one of our customer care teams.

Please let me know when did you receive this text message, what plan are you on and what date you completed your latest top up.

Hi Stacey, I've sent you a PM with some screenshots to illustrate what's happened. I'm on the original 3Prepay plan and last topped up last Thursday 16th March. The SMS I received in late February but unfortunately I've since deleted it.

Noticing the same happening to my account.

Did you get this resolved?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @BM0 welcome to 3Community 👋

I'd be happy to look into this for you if you can give me a little more info. When did you receive the text advising that your credit was going to expire also can you let me know what plan you are on and when you topped up?

Hi Stacey

I see it expiring on the my3 app. I topped up on last Wednesday 30th as you can see from the screenshot it's using the recent top up €20 credit expiring Feb 2024 instead of the €2.55 which is ready expire . I'm on the legacy €20 plan.

1000005785.jpg

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks so much, @BM0 for the screenshot, I'd like to get our technical team to have a look at this so please pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. Once I've your details I'll be able to review your account and start an investigation. 

Same here. I just checked my account and noticed that the first credit used up is the newer credit which means my old credit will most likely expire and never get used. I thought it was suppose to use the older credit first?

Screenshot_20230905-171045.png

Hi @Stephen7 I can see what you mean from the screenshot. Have you been in contact with Customer Care about this?

If you haven't I'd be happy to take a look at it for you, I'll just need you to pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. Once I have this I'll be able to review your account.

Add_53995
Investigator

Hi Roithruin,

I have noticed the same thing on my3 as well, it looks like my "newer" top ups are being used first so that my older credit is never being used and the full €20 top up is expiring, so my balance will eventuallydwindle down constantly despite not being used. 

I have a suspicion that i have had a top up cancelled already because my balance seemed to drop all of a sudden by about €20 a few weeks ago without any reason, but I wasn't keeping track of my3 as much back then. 

Did you get sorted?

Thanks,

Brian