Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Expiring credit

Roithriun
Investigator

Expiring credit

I received a text a few weeks ago that my credit was about to expire and I needed to top up to extend the expiry of my credit.

I topped up as instructed but, contrary to the information in the text from Three, the expiry of my existing credit was not extended.

To make matters even worse, usage since I topped up has been deducted from the new credit rather than my existing credit, which is still due to expire in a few days. The same thing happened last September - usage depleted my new credit and a few euro of my old credit was expired despite my attempts to use it up.

What's going on..??

54 REPLIES 54

I sent my details to them a few hours ago so hopefully it is sorted in a few days. I usually find the support staff here good so it is worth sending @Three_Stacey a PM with your details about it.

I did notice that I have 2 credits set to expire in 200 years (in 2222). These don't seem to get reduced when I spend my credit. But I wonder if that is the reason for this behavior because I did see someone on boards.ie mention the same thing here:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121055569/#Comment_121055569

@Roithriun & @Add_53995 I'd be happy to get this investigated for you. I'll need you to pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. Once I have these details I'll be able to pull your accounts and get the investigation started.

Any idea when this issue will finally be resolved? Because it is 7 months now since this was originally reported.

I have lost credit already and I will lose €20 more credit soon since its not using the older credit first.

Hi Stephen7,

I'm in a similar position, lost €60 credit to date and have been following up regularly - most recently on Monday and was told it might be the end of this week before I get an update.

Was previously told that the prepay team was investigating but the issue is more complex than initially thought. 

I would normally have kept my credit fairly well topped up in case of an emergency or trip abroad but it is now slowly dwindling down

Hi @Stephen7, I apologise for the unusual length of time that this problem has been affecting your account. The relevant team is now working on this for you as a priority issue. I will reply to you on this thread as soon as I have received a further update for you.

Hi Stacey,

Could you please add me to this investigation? This has also been happening to me and a previous request in the forums didn't help. It's only seeing this thread that makes it clear what has been happening.

I will send you a PM with the info you have requested from other posters.

Thanks,

Stephen

I am experiencing the same issue, I am replying here since I tried with the chat twice but the operators failed to understand this issue. I just spent 70 euros trying to prevent 20 from expiring and I believe I lost about 50/60 in the past few months this way

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Add_94874 I've seen your PM and I've added you to the investigation. 

@GToffoli  I'd like to assure you our Prepay and technical team have made this their priority and they are working towards a resolution for us.

I just got another reply through email that does not address my issue at all, I will keep posting here because it looks like there other experiencing the same:

I have 20 euros that will expire in 2 days now.
I am trying to spend that 20 euros for 6 days now
I spent almost all my credit (60 euros and more) and the 20 euros expiring in 2 days are there, still expiring in 2 days.
This has been happening for a while now so my credit went from 100+ euros to 28.1 now, three stole money from my account.

Another email and 47 minutes on the phone, still no help.

Let's keep track: 3 messages here, 3 emails, 2 chats and 47 minutes on a phone call

Customer service is a joke, give the same answer as the BOT and when there is a real issue like this they look powerless and clueless.

Still waiting