Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

I want to change my mobile number

Add_37242
Investigator

I want to change my mobile number

I have tried now three times through 3.ie customer care line to have my number changed. And on three occasions I have given feeble excuses as to why this cannot happen. 

Three are to assist my in changing my number today through to completion. 

Can someone from three reach out and address my request through to completion and give a time frame as to when this will happen?

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Add_37242 Hi there, are you trying to change your number by bringing a number from a different network or are you looking for a new number to be given to you? 

You said an excuse was given as to why it couldn't happen, what reason was given by the agents you spoke to? 

I can see that you've also contacted me via PM but I'll continue to help you here. 

Hi there and thanks for getting back to me. 

I am looking for a new number to be given to me. 

I tried 3 times yesterday 4th April 2023 to get this done through customer care and was given three varying excuses as to why it couldn't be done. In the end it was left completely open ended by three customer care as to when it would be resolved. Below are the attempts and outcomes:

Attempt 1 @ 10:29am - 17m20seconds. customer care rep generated new number but then shortly said it couldn't be done and ring back in 24 hours. The new number he generated was 0833716539

Attempt 2 @ 16:20 - 6m43seconds. customer care rep said he could not proceed as my account email didn't match even through the same information was given in attempt 1 listed above. I was told to hang and ring back!

Attempt 3. @16:32 - 10m22seconds. I was told by three customer care rep that there are no new numbers to give and I was told to ring  back in "about a week". 

So in all fairness this customer care service is unacceptable. It needs to be sorted out. It is not that hard to do.

Add_37242
Investigator

Hi there and thanks for getting back to me. 

I am looking for a new number to be given to me. 

I tried 3 times yesterday 4th April 2023 to get this done through customer care and was given three varying excuses as to why it couldn't be done. In the end it was left completely open ended by three customer care as to when it would be resolved. Below are the attempts and outcomes:

Attempt 1 @ 10:29am - 17m20seconds. customer care rep generated new number but then shortly said it couldn't be done and ring back in 24 hours. The new number he generated was 0833716539

Attempt 2 @ 16:20 - 6m43seconds. customer care rep said he could not proceed as my account email didn't match even through the same information was given in attempt 1 listed above. I was told to hang and ring back!

Attempt 3. @16:32 - 10m22seconds. I was told by three customer care rep that there are no new numbers to give and I was told to ring  back in "about a week". 

So in all fairness this customer care service is unacceptable. It needs to be sorted out. It is not that hard to do......