Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Moving from bill pay to prepay at the end of contract

Add_19088
Novice

Moving from bill pay to prepay at the end of contract

Is there anyone who can help me here? I tried calling Three helpline and they said they wouldn't be able to help me 😞 

I am on a bill pay plan at the moment. I am leaving the country on July 1st. My contract expires on Aug 29th. I would like to keep my number as I will be back in the country for a few weeks at Christmas time, and it would be good to have my normal number - So for this, I want to switch to prepay.

Online I see that I can cancel my bill pay plan once I give 30 days notice but when I contacted Three they told me they can't help me until August 29th. I'm going to be backpacking in South America at this time and I won't be able to call Three to switch my account to prepay. I also won't have any money left in my Irish account for the direct debit to keep rolling on. Is there anything at all I can do? If no, can anyone explain the 30 day notice period that's mentioned online ???

Any help would be so so greatly appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Add_19088 If you want to move to Prepay without incurring a cancel contract fee you would need to contact care when your contract expires. I understand this may not be possible for you have you thought about moving to Prepay before you leave and paying the cancel contract fee?

Hi Stacey, thank you so much for coming back to me. It would be great if I could do that!

If this is an option, can I give the 30 days notice that's been mentioned to cancel my account, and keep my service for the next 30 days (paying the bills necessary for that of course)? As in if I request to cancel today and pay the cancellation fees - Will I still have service for the next 30 days seeing as you need notice of this time?

@Add_19088 Yes when you give 30 day's notice you have access to your services for those 30 days. To give you specifics on this please PM us, please include your name, number, full address, and date of birth so that we can help you with this 😊