Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SIM not allowed for voice

SOLVED
Add_06235
Investigator

SIM not allowed for voice

I have a Samsung J5/2017 which I brought to Malta last week. I was using it as a data hotspot and it stopped working and was then unable to connect to any network. I assumed that my credit needed to be topped up and topped it up by €20 but I still could do nothing. I added an additional €10 and it still had no connection. I have returned home and am still unable to make or receive calls. I also can’t send text messages. The message ‘SIM not allowed for voice’ is displayed. I took the SIM card out and put it back in and I am still getting the same message and am unable to use the phone. I would be grateful of any advice to get me back up and running.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hi Deborah,

My local Three store replaced my SIM and my phone is fully functional again. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_06235 Hi Paul, thanks for the details in your post .And I must say it holds unfortunate series of events! I'm sorry that your hot-spotting stopped working while you were away. Had you plan expired? From the way you've explained above, it seems it hadn't. 

Anyway, you're on to something with the SIM error and you did the right think in taking it out. "SIM not allowed for voice’  error is usually when the card is not slotting in right or has become faulty. So you've eliminated one of them.

Are you near a Three store? You can pick up a free SIM replacement there. But remember, social distancing and masks! Also you'll need to bring valid photo ID. You can also order one online by popping over to our website click here It can take up to 5 days to reach you by post.

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for your speedy reply. I will go to a local Three store tomorrow and get a replacement SIM.

Thanks again,

Paul

@Add_06235 no bother at all. Let me know how that goes for you 👌

Hi Deborah,

My local Three store replaced my SIM and my phone is fully functional again. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_06235 That's GREAT news. thanks for coming back here to confirm that. I'm sure it will help others who are getting the same SIM error as you did.