Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to forward calls to voicemail

rrobbie
Investigator

Unable to forward calls to voicemail

Hi there 👋

I'm having trouble forwarding my calls to voicemail today. Normally when I need to hotspot my laptop, I will forward my calls to voicemail and then when someone tries to call me, I will receive a text message (which automatically syncs to my laptop). To set this up I go to iPhone settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and enter +353 83 3333 171. That doesn't seem to work now. When I try and do this it pauses for a second and then reverts to the previous settings. Entering other numbers (even invalid numbers) applies the new settings, but it never works for the above number.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Robbie

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@rrobbie Hi Robbie, long time no chat, hope you've been keeping well. Tell me, are you still seeing the same thing when you try to set up the divert today?

Hey @LauraH how are you? 🙂 Indeed it is still happening, I tried a few times last week and just again now. I don't need it at the moment though, so mostly I would like to know if it is actually correct to forward to +353 83 3333 171. Maybe the team have patched up something I wasn't supposed to be using 🙃

@rrobbie Hi there, @LauraH is on annual leave at the moment. Maybe I can help here? 

So what you are describing about is an iPhone Call Forwarding feature rather than a 3 divert. Instead of putting in the voicemail number have you tried putting in your own? Have you been in touch with Apple Support?

As added info: BillPay accounts on 3 have a call forwarding divert for other numbers, but Prepay does not.