Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

daily € 2 robbery

SOLVED
pehu
Investigator

daily € 2 robbery

My 10 year old Nokia mobile was never used for internet access.

Recently, my account was being charged €2 each day for data
even though I was not using my phone for internet.

I was not informed of this charge in advance and I consider it
to be stealing because 'three' took credit from my account without my
having been informed in advance and I had never agreed to such charges.

The daily message did not say how to turn off this charge and there was
no way either to do so online.

This is very poor service and a rip-off. I want to have mobile data
disabled entirely on that number!

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @miriam_19871 and welcome to 3Community. These charges only apply if you're on one of our older plans which have no data allowance but your phone is connecting to the internet. To ensure that your phone is not connecting without your knowledge please check out the below list

1: All mobile data off

2: Wifi Assist and iCloud and Google sync/similar is off

4: Push notifications are switched off

5: GPS location switched off

6: No MMS sent or received

7: No long SMS ( wrapped to MMS send/receive)

8: Automatic updates switched off

9: Turn off background app refresh

10: No external devices linked to your phone ( MiBand, FitBit, Smartwatch)

My allowance has expired a few days ago, and since then the EUR2 DayPass has been activated daily - even on days when I kept mobile data turned off. Today the 28 Day Recur Add on has been renewed, _and_ I haven't turned on mobile data, but I _still_ received a notification that the DayPass has been activated. I have gone through the checklist at "€2 Daily Pass for Legacy Plans" and I can confirm that this happens even when all items mentioned in the checklist are turned off.

This is eating through my credit quickly, is it possible to block this?

The only solution I see, and I did it, forget about this lovely provider. I gave all credit to charity and never topped up again. They blocked my sim but I wasn't upset about that.

Trued all that and it’s is still taking €2 a day from me , it is so frustrating. What next ? Change providers? 

@miriam_19871 I can put a block on your account and this will stop your mobile data access stopping the charge but this will mean you'll have to contact us back if you wanted it turned on again. Also just to note, if you do add the block wifi will still work.

If you want to add the block just PM us with your name, number, full address and date of birth.