Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

All my PAYG credit gone even though I had phone turned off

Geolong
Investigator

All my PAYG credit gone even though I had phone turned off

I powered my phone off last night before midnight as I was due to top up today. Topped up on line he morning with my tablet on wifi and low and behold my balance is now only €20. Just before midnight when I powered off the phone it was over €119. How can this credit be gone when the phone was powered off untill I topped up
12 REPLIES 12
Jam3s
Investigator

So, I had just over 100 euro sitting in unused credit on my phone last week. I found out over the weekend that there are numbers you can text which will donate unused credit to various charities. 

Cut to yesterday. As I was going to start texting, I tried to check my balance. I can't use 1745 to check my balance (it tells me that "this service is not available for your account" even though I have used it multiple times in the past) and dialing 1744 doesn't tell me my balance, it just wants me to top up. So I tried to make a phone call and was told I didn't have enough credit to do so.

I was in my house all weekend with data switched off (maybe I turned it on for an hour while I went grocery shopping). I didn't make any calls. There's no way I used 100+ euro in credit in a weekend (which had built up via 20 euro top ups over the course of 6 months).

Can I get any clarification on this and ideally have my balance reinstated? 

Geolong
Investigator

I powered my phone off last night before midnight as I was due to top up today. Topped up on line he morning with my tablet on wifi and low and behold my balance is now only €20. Just before midnight when I powered off the phone it was over €119. How can this credit be gone when the phone was powered off untill I topped up

Same here guys. Don't understand whats wrong here. In my case I haven't even used any data and I just have a EUR left. 

Spoke to someone on the chatline yesterday. Kept trying to tell me that internet on phone must have been running in the back ground. Impossible as I had turned off the data and powered off the phone just before midnight and did not turn it back in untill after I had topped up using my tablet in WiFi through the My3 app.
Yet the app says at 00:03 I used over 370MB. And all my €119 used up.
Chap said he would send the issue further and text me a issue number within a couple of hours, which never was sent to me.
Is there someone on the community who can look into this for me as I've just been robbed off on the chatline. I am 100% certain I did not and could not have used this data

Hi all, when your plan expires, data is €1.01 per MB. Switching off your mobile data is a good idea, but please bear in mind, that other data connections can occur when WIFI assist or other data sync options are switched on. We're happy to check your accounts, send us your full name, number, address and date of birth by PM. 

PM sent thanks

Sent a PM as well yesterday with all the details. I have no data usage at all and had a call earlier with the support as well. My balance happens to be gone before 6 months expiry date and he said he will talk to the technical department. However I would appreciate if you could have a look into it.

Thanks.

kacistos
Novice

i have the same issue, over 120 wiped from my acount. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

I have  a data limit warning on my phone and i never come close to exceeding my allowance  - three - sort this out and appluy the credit back ASAP. This seems to have happened since you revamped the community. Rest assured, if i dont see the amoutn re-applied asap i will be taking legal action. 

@kacistos Hi there, I've seen your other post over here . I'd like to help you but need some more info. 

Can you tell me what Prepay plan you're on? We have 3 new plans, with All You Can Eat Data and some older legacy plans which have a fixed data allowance. You mentioned that you have a data limit notification set up on your phone, this is a great idea, and I'd strongly recommend that you also check My3, where the allowance re-sets after top-up. Because you have this setup, I'm thinking that you have a legacy plan.  When you have unlimited data and within your 28-day top-up, there is no charge. Can you tell me when you last topped-up?