Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Looks like roaming charges in the UK are on the way back

billbond4
Leader

Looks like roaming charges in the UK are on the way back

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/brexit-ee-to-bring-back-roaming-charges.html
Once one company starts charging it probably won't be long until the others follow 😢
It doesn't state will Europeans going to the UK be charged

8 REPLIES 8
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@billbond4 How was your weekend? Good I hope.

From the news I've seen, this applies to UK providers charging their customers roaming in the EU.

Three Ireland are not charging our customers for roaming in the UK or northern Ireland. We're nice like that  😎

Hi Deborah

Yeah great weekend, lots of sun and got up to loads, its just a pity the weekend has to end 🙂

Yes its good that 3 dont charge

@billbond4 ... yes the weekend goes way too quickly. My weather app is showing a bit of a heat wave this week!

I'm on 3 Prepay 20, can you say for sure that my EU roaming allowances is usable in the UK? There is conflicting information from your website and support chat.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@EB1 Hi there and welcome. Check out this article over here where you can see that Three announced that we would be keeping our current roaming agreements in the UK. You'll find our roaming prices over here. Hope that helps 😁

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@billbond4 Interesting! So, some UK customers roaming in the EU will start to be charged soon? It's great that we're keeping our current roaming agreements in place, isn't it? 

Yip, all the UK Operators will do it now, as its a handy income stream for them.

The UK Consumers have no pesky EU rules and regulations to worry about now thanks to Brexit.