Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Reactivate SIM number ?

donegal11
Investigator

Reactivate SIM number ?

Hi

Had a SIM in a back up phone, it wasn't used in a while as it was lost. How can I check if the number has been recycled, and if it hasn't, how do I reactivate it?

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
Three_Shauna
Developer

@donegal11 when was the last time you used the SIM or topped it up? Would it have been within the last 6 months or more?

More than 6 months

@donegal11  Hi there 👋 Pop me a PM with the SIM card details along with your full name, address and date of birth and I'll check it out for you. It may have been deactivated due to non-use, I'll look and see 👍

Hi 
I have a same problem. I lived in Germany for almost a year and I haven't used my SIM. Im moving back to Ireland I would like to activate my old SIM card. Can you help me please?

@Utonium Hi there, I see your PM so I'll pop back to you over there so I can get the SIM card details from you 👌

Hi,

I was trying to move to Eir (to get access to sports channels) however they have made a mess of setting up my account. I have now been told as my mobile number is out of contract since yesterday, 29th Oct, I may not be able to port it over.

Can you help?

Thanks

@OHno Hello there and good morning 😊 Is your Three number out of contract? If so, you're able to move it to a different provider as long as it's not cancelled. Can you tell me who said that you may not be able to move your number? Are you able to use you number? Let me know.

I drop by your Grafton Street store on Friday to try to resolve the issue and was informed it is immediately recycled when out of contract.

How do I confirm it is not cancelled.

Thanks

@OHno Thanks for your PM, I've checked everything for you and made a small change. Can you let me know here how you get on?