Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Reactivate SIM number ?

donegal11
Investigator

Reactivate SIM number ?

Hi

Had a SIM in a back up phone, it wasn't used in a while as it was lost. How can I check if the number has been recycled, and if it hasn't, how do I reactivate it?

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

@Three_Deborah Thanks, you're super, some would even say a hero.....all sorted. 👏👏👏

@OHno Delighted to help you get sorted, but sad to see you go. Hopefully, you'll come back in the future 😊 

Have a great evening 💪

hello, I want to reactivate my 3 sim card because i am returning to ireland after being away for over a year. is this possible?

i can't pm because i don't have that 'priviledge' and so i am trying to get an asnwer to this question by replying to month old messages here. 

Can you help me reactivate my old sim card? I am returning to ireland and would like to reactivate my old number, thanks

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@alan Good morning and welcome to 3Community 👋 Tell me, when did you last top-up or make a call or send a text that you were charged for? This needs to be done every 180 days at least to keep your SIM card active. I'll check this for you. As you've now posted publicly and this needs to be done before you can send a PM, try to send me one now by clicking on the link in my signature. I'll need the phone number attached to the SIM along with your full name, address and date of birth 👍

Hi! I have a SIM card that I have not used in a while. How can I check if it’s been deactivated and can I get it active again? 😊 thank you!

@LuciaMalaga Hi there, welcome to 3Community. The easiest way to check your SIM is to pop it into a 3 phone or an unlocked phone to see if it picks up the 3 network. If it does then you're good to go, if not then the SIM has been deactivated. If it's deactivated, how long has it been since you topped it up and made a chargeable call or text on it? Let me know 

It’s been over 6 months I believe. I would like to get the number back though. As soon as I know, nobody is using it..

@LuciaMalaga Have you tested the SIM to see if it's picking up a network? It may be still active. 

Yes, I have tested it and it is not picking up a network unfortunately