Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Top up never applied

SOLVED
Finnvalley
Investigator

Top up never applied

Hi there, please help!
I topped up by €20 the other day (I think it was 2nd May) and as of today, it still hasn’t applied to my account. I did it via the AIB app, as I always do, and although the money came out of my bank, it was never added to my 3 account. I didn’t receive any confirmation text to say thanks for topping up, but it’s definitely out of my bank.
Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Debora Thanks for getting back to me. It normally takes 5 to 7 working days for a pending transaction to cancel down. Keep an eye on it and let us know here 👍 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Rach1
Novice

Hi,

I have had the exact same problem! I topped up by 20, the money was taken out of my account yet I still have not received the top up!

I called 1913 and was given a Technical Ticket whereby I am contacted by Three in the next few days for an update. The person on the phone advised me that the money will likely go back into my account within 3-10 working days. Still waiting on an update from them but I hope this helps

@Rach1 and @Finnvalley Hello there, I've linked in with our tech team and they are aware that some customers experienced difficulty with topping up over the last few days. Most of these top-up will and have failed. Can you both check to see if your €20 transaction is showing as pending or completed? You might have to log into your online banking via a browser and not your app to check this 👍

Thank you so much for getting back to us, @Three_Deborah. I’ve been trying to get help through the app and it’s hopeless, so I’m glad you and the community team are here.

I’ve checked both my app and through the browser, the €20 definitely came out of my bank account. What happens next?

@Finnvalley thanks for checking 😊 Next stage is to send us a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth. We'll keep an eye out for you 👌 

Hi,

I am trying to top up through my Three online login but nothing is happening. When I enter my details it just transfers me to set up a top up for your friend page. This is the first time it has happened in three years and I am unable to top up now for more than an week. Do you have top up issues through your portal? 

@Mirjana Hi there 👋 Have you since been able to top-up via your My3? If not, can you take me through the exact steps? When you log in, click on top-up, and then you'll see "buy top-up". In the photo I've added here, you can see the recipient is "me". 

Three_Deborah_0-1597055856042.png

Debora
Novice

Hello. I had a problem with my top up tonight. I was trying to top up my fone by card calling 1744 and i hear was not possible to top up and try again later. I tried few times and my answer was the same. Today around 12 i tried again and than its works. The problem is when i went to check out my account balance all this times i tried to top up my fone without success was discount for my account. It was around 180 euros. I want my money back

@Debora Hello there, when you say account balance is that your bank account or phone account? If it's your bank account, can you check to see if these top-ups are under "pending"? When you get an error like that topping up, it's usually for it to fail and go to pending. It then takes a few days before you'll see the refund in your bank account. Let me know 👍 

Hello,
Yeah. Its in my bank account. Its still pending. I will see if it will come back to my account and let u know. Its happen 3 days ago and didnt come back to my account yet