Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Topping Up Issue

Modemadfan
Investigator

Topping Up Issue

Hi,

I switched plans fo PrePay 20 today (4/7/2021) and I went into TopUp and selected the amount of €20. However when I went to the validation/verification option that appeared, I got a text message to my phone with a six digit pin to say to complete your purchase of €20 at Mi-Pay input the code which I did. Then I got another text message to say to complete your purchase of 0.20 at Mi-Pay input the code which again I did.

Then the system fell over and I tried again and I got two text messages and input the two codes and then the system/screen fell over again.

I gave up and went into my Bank of Ireland app and did a Top Up Mobile of €20 and I am waiting for this to process.

Is this a Sunday issue? Is it a Three Ireland issue? Or is this a Bank of Ireland issue?

Can you advise.

Thanks

Gary  

18 REPLIES 18
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Modemadfan Hi there Gary, has your top-up been processed? You can check your top-up history via My3. Let me know.

Hi Deborah,

The top I did via my BOI app worked. My issue was the fact that the Three Top Up facility did not work and more weirdly was the fact that I was sent two texts as verification. 

Gary

thefonzie12
Novice

im  in indonisia trying to top up my number but i keep geting conection proablems when i try toping up im with tsb baggot st im regestered now on 3 tryied to top up but no joy i have my  bank card regestered with 3 my number is an old vodafone number i carried over about maby ten years ago 

my regerstration and top up has not gone trough 

Hi Deborah,

One other question I have just noticed since I moved to my new plan. Is it correct that I can no longer use/ring 1745 for Customer Care? I just rang it and it said this service is no long available on your account.

Thanks

Gary

@thefonzie12 can you try our instant top-up feature on Three.ie here let me know how you get on.

@Modemadfan 1745 is the number to check your balance and 1913 is our Customer Care number. I haven't heard of reports regarding the your top-up experience yesterday with receiving texts from Mi-Pay. If it happens again, please let me know straight away. 

Hi Deborah,

Sorry for the confusion. I used to use 1745 to check my balance. So it's no longer available to me to see if I have monies in my account as I know I do have a balance.

Thanks

Gary

@Modemadfan I've just tested the 1745 option here and it's working. From your side do you get an error? I've also inquired about the verification text. From our side there is no verification code, so did it appear on an SMS thread from your bank? I received a similar one today from a service I used previously without having to use a verification code. 

Hi Deborah, 

The 1745 issue appears to have resolved itself as the message was saying that it was not applicable to my Plan. In relation to the verification SMS I received two and assume that they were from my Bank when I was trying to Top Up via your website. I just wondered why there were two as per my initial post on this thread. I see that others were having the same issue possibly.

Gary