Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Voicemail Overview

Voicemail Overview

• Voicemail allows other people leave you a message if your phone is off, has no signal, or you simply don't want to answer.
  • You will get a text when you have received a new voicemail message.
  • To listen to your messages or to activate your voicemail, just dial 171 from your mobile.
  • The price of voicemail depends on your plan. For further information, check out our price guide

In this article:

Listening to messages

• In Main Menu, press 1 to hear messages.
  • Unheard messages are played first.
  • Messages that have been listened to are deleted after 7 days. Unheard messages are deleted after 14 days. Please note: that even saved messages are only kept for 7 days. If you would like to keep them for longer, they need to be listened to and saved again to extend for another 7 days.
  • Messages cannot exceed 45 seconds.

Managing your voicemail

Dial 171 and follow the instructions to complete the following actions:

• Return a call
  • Replay a message
  • Save a message
  • Delete a message
  • Change password/PIN
  • Change greeting

Listening to Voicemail when Roaming

• Dial your mobile number with a 5 after the prefix from a landline or another mobile to access your Voicemail. Remember to use the +353 prefix when dialling from abroad. For example, if your number is 086 1234567 you would dial +353 86 51234567. Once the voicemail service starts press * and you will be asked for your PIN for access to the voicemail mailbox. 
  • You may be charged more than usual to call your voicemail when you are abroad. You may also be charged if someone leaves you a message.

Saving your Voicemail Messages to Another Device
While you have the option to save your voicemail messages in your voicemail mailbox, they are normally deleted after 7 days (unless you continuously re-save the message). If you have a message you really want to keep, we would encourage you to save your message to another device.

To do this, follow the below process:

• Call your voicemail, choose the speakerphone option on your phone, and play the voicemail message on speakerphone in front of a recording device, e.g., the voice memo function on another phone/tablet or recording software on a computer.
  • When the recording has finished, replay the recording to ensure you can hear it.

FAQs

How do I extend the ringing time before a call goes to voicemail?

Click here for more
To extend your ringing time dial *61(phone number)**(seconds)#. For example, to extend the ringing time to 30 seconds (the maximum) dial *61*0861234567**30#

How long are my voicemails kept?

Click here for more
  • Your played voicemails are kept for seven days from the date recorded unless you delete them.
  • Saved voicemails are deleted seven days after the date you saved them unless they are saved again.
  • Any messages not listened to will remain for 14 days.

What happens if I change price plan or upgrade my device?

Click here for more
Every effort will be made to keep all voicemails and settings, but this may not be possible in certain circumstances. You can confirm this at the point of sale with your sales agent when changing plan or buying a new device.

What happens if I leave Three?

Click here for more
If you terminate your service with Three, your voicemail box and all associated details (messages, greeting, PIN, etc.) will be deleted when your service ends. 

Do you need more help? Why not ask the 3Community and benefit from the experience of over 90,000 members.