Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Introducing the: iPhone 14

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

Three_Stacey_1-1706189448951.png

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!” No, not the C-word, this is the A-word! Today, the newest range of Apple iPhones, the iPhone14, are available to order on Three.ie, and I’m here to tell you all about them.

The iPhone14iPhone 14 Pro, and the iPhone 14 Pro Max are currently available to order (subject to availability).

Delivery starts on October 7th, providing that your order is placed by 3pm on October 6th for the iPhone 14 Plus (subject to availability). Excited? Your 3Community Moderators certainly are! 

Buying a new phone? Take a look at our handy device guides

How do they look? 

Let’s start with the iPhone 14. This comes with a Super Retina XDR display 6.1” all-screen OLED display with as the Ceramic Shield makes it super durable. You’ve got IP68 water resistance too to protect it.  

Moving on up, next we’ve got the iPhone 14 Plus! All the above stay the same apart from the screen size which is steadily increasing to 6.7”. 

The iPhone 14 Pro comes next, and this beauty keeps the 6.1” screen, Ceramic Shield, and IP68 water resistance. However, the Pro adds Always-On and ProMotion to the Super Retina XDR display. Apple are also introducing a new feature – Dynamic Island, a magical new way to interact with iPhone. I can't wait to try this out!

Finally, is the iPhone 14 Pro Max with its massive 6.7” screen. Also including ProMotion and the other features mentioned above, this is the one that I’m excited to get my hands on! 

All models come in a variety of colours, so you will have plenty of choices. If you are planning to buy one of the new iPhone 14 phones and want to get it early, we recommend pre-ordering. The iPhone is one of the most popular phone launches every year and usually sells out quite quickly. 

Three_Shane1_1-1662722459893.png

How are the cameras? 

Ah, the cameras! My favourite feature. The iPhone 14 and 14 Plus both come with 12MP Wide and Ultra-Wide cameras, cinematic mode in 4K Dolby Vision with up to 30 fps. Impressive, can’t wait to see the results these guys give. 

As we move up the series the 14 Pro and Pro Max both come with 48MP main camera for up to 4x greater resolution. Apple adds a 2x optical-quality Telephoto to its zoom range, putting tons of framing flexibility in your pocket. Up your frame game. 

Cinematic mode will be available across the entire series too. Be sure to check that out! Best iPhone cameras yet? I anticipate so! 

What’s on the inside? 

iOS 16 is obviously going to be the key point here. SharePlay looks super-cool, watch a match or movie while keeping a conversation going with your friends. I love it. 

As well as iOS 16, the iPhone 14 series comes with A15 Bionic chips and are 5G compatible so expect FAST performance all round. 

On the memory side of the house, you won’t be short of choice. All models will start with a 128GB option, and increase from there. 

All versions of the iPhone 14 come with a brand-new safety feature – Crash Detection – iPhone can now detect a severe car crash and automatically dial emergency services when a user is unconscious or unable to reach their iPhone. These capabilities are built on existing components, like the barometer, which can now detect cabin pressure changes, the GPS for additional input for speed changes, and the microphone, which can recognize loud noises typified by severe car crashes. 

How’s the battery life? 

Another biggie for me, and iPhone 14 seems promising battery-wise! Playback time increases as you move up the series, starting with 20 hours on the iPhone 14, all the way up to 29 hours on the Pro Max. Whooper! 

What are the specifications?

Spec 

iPhone 14 

iPhone 14 Plus 

iPhone 14 Pro 

iPhone 14 Pro Max 

Display Size 

6.1” 

6.7” 

6.1” 

6.7” 

Display Type