Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How does your garden grow?

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

How does your garden grow?

The sun is shining, and summer is in the air.  Many of us are looking bewildered at our garden wondering when it turned into a jungle… Or is that just me? 🤔

Three_Laur_0-1620300146272.jpeg

This year, aside from just taking a hedge trimmer to all and sundry, I wanted to put a bit of effort into my garden. As one of the least green-fingered people out there, I of course turned to my phone for help.

My first objective was to identify some of what was growing around my borders. I found a really cool app Garden Answers Plant Id which is available on both iOS and Android. You simply post a picture of the plant or flower in question and the app matches it and gives you info on caring for it. (Who knew the rhododendron I planted a zillion years ago would still be alive!) Anyway, I was off to a great start!

Next, I wanted some new plants and colours in my garden so off I went to Google again and found IrishGardeners.com. This forum is ideal for newbies like me who don’t know their daffodils from their dandelions, and I got plenty of advice on what to pick up from my local garden centre (and what to do with it when I got it home 😉)

The next stop was the garden centre with my list and I also popped into my local euro store where I picked up lots of fun, bright outdoor decorations for next to nothing. These will come in handy if all my planting skills don’t come to fruition 😊

So, tell us Community, what’re your top tips for gardening newbies?

0 REPLIES 0