Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Review Tronsmart Apollo Bold TrueWireless earphones

billbond4
Leader

Review Tronsmart Apollo Bold TrueWireless earphones

Thanks to the nice people at Tronsmart for sending me their latest earphones the Tronsmart Apollo Bold TrueWireless Active Noise Cancelling earphones to review.

billbond4_0-1597743089824.png

Firstly the earphones packaging is very eye catching and on the back of the box is all the technology thats crammed into the earphones.

billbond4_1-1597743089833.png

Then when you unfold the box your presented with a nice visual breakdown of whats inside the earphones.

billbond4_2-1597743089852.png

When you unpack the contents of the box you get 

• User manual
  • Quick Start Guide
  • Warranty Guide
  • Pouch 
  • USB-C cable
  • The Apollo Bold earphones.
  • Charging/carrying case
  • S/M/L silicone earbuds.

billbond4_3-1597743089855.png

The earphones use the latest Qualcomm® QCC5124 chip, so that means you will get the best battery performance, lowest latency and faster transmission between your device and the earphones.

The Apollo Bold uses TWS Stereo Plus  which means your music source will stream directly to each earphone independently and you can use one by itself.

The Apollo Bold supports aptX™ HD which gives the best audio over bluetooth by using a fixed compression to ensure the best audio consistency the enhanced codec supports 24-bit HD music over Bluetooth, so the user will get the most of the audio that they are listening to.

billbond4_4-1597743089835.png

For me the standout features are the Active Noise Cancelling and the Ambient Sound mode.

The ANC makes music deeper and adds more Bass while removing a lot of the background noise and with the 35db full frequency the audio is excellent.

The Ambient sound mode I found great when out running, I did a 5 kilometer run alongside a busy road to test it out and the best way to describe it is like it injects the background noise into the audio your listening to so you get the best of both worlds you get to hear traffic and audio so you can feel safer when your using earphones when your out and about.

While running  I found the earphones were very comfortable and felt firmly attached to my ears.

The earphones have some nifty features like when you remove one the audio will pause and if you re-insert it the music resumes if you got the maximum volume setting it will beep to notify you you can make the volume louder.

Alexa integration is great just a long press and you can control amazon Music/ ask Alexa to do something.

Some of the touches to control the earphones I found a bit of getting used to while running I had to have my hand on my face  for moving to next track, but the other actions were easier while running.

There will be an Tronsmart app which will provide the user the option to customize the touch controls which will be available in a few weeks. It will also provide an Equalizer but if you dont want to wait you can download a Bluetooth equalizer app from the Google Play store in the meantime if you want to tweak your music this worked for me.

The range of the earphone (15 Metres from the specs) is very impressive i left my phone in my sitting room and was able to listen music all over my two storey house and even outside.

Tronsmart say play time is up to 10 hours (with Volume at 50%) with the changing case you could get 30+ hours of listening. Im generally skeptical of manufactures battery life claims but Tronsmart were spot on I ran a test using my phone and having music running and every hour of music used 10% of the Apollo Buds so I did get 10 hours of music.

In android you can see the earphones battery % in the Bluetooth Settings.

You can get 1hr playtime with a 10minutes charge. 

The led on the charging case is a good feature so that you know that the earphones are charging when you insert them back into the case, the Led will also indicate when its charging/charged completely theres a full breakdown of the Led sequences on the instructions. Both the quick start guide and the instructions themselves were easy to understand and follow.

The charging case itself is very light (only 43grms) and feels well built, wireless charging would be nice but I prefer that the case is lighter so I can carry it around.

The earphones themselves also have Leds on them to indicate battery and pairing state and they weight approx 7 grms each.

There are six microphones along with CVC technology inside the earphones.

The voice quality in normal (not too noisey environments) was very good, but it did struggle a bit when the conditions were more noisy i.e.while outside next to a busy road

billbond4_5-1597743102660.png

Overall Great value for money with premium features, 

Tronsmart have really thought about where the consumer will use the earphones and provided them with the standout features of ANC and Ambient Sound Mode so you can use the Tronsmart Apollo Bold in any location they will  be even better with the app coming out.

Available to Buy https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08C3383B7

More Info:

https://www.tronsmart.com/products/tronsmart-apollo-bold-truewireless-stereo-plus-hybrid-anc-earbuds...   

6 REPLIES 6
billbond4
Leader

The tronsmart app is now updated their app so you can upgrade the eaphones firmware, so now you have options to customize the equalizer and configure how you want the earphones to react.

Tronsmart App UpdateTronsmart App Update

RainbowRuth
Explorer

But the real question is have you lost them yet?! 😉

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

No, i still have them 🙂

My whippersnapper is on his 3rd pair! And he wonders why I wouldn’t let him buy an expensive pair!! 🤦🏻😂

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

I wouldnt let my kids use wireless headphones, they would be lost in no time.

Big yokes with cables all the way !