3Community Menu

Competitions are a Joke. Same people winning multiple prizes

Ryanie

Competitions are a Joke. Same people winning multiple prizes

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Ryanie  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

At Three, to ensure full transparency and fairness for all competition entries, we have a robust process in place for selecting winners. The system we use to pick these winners from,  is completely random to ensure unbiased selection. Every entry has an equal and fair opportunity to be selected. On the back of recent queries regarding Three competitions, we conducted a full review of process and remain fully confident in this.

How can you say this when the same names have won multiple times , what’s the chances of that happening, I know you say your process are robust and random but how do we as your valued customers know this , can you explain more about the process you use , provide evidence that’s it’s a trusted process, it can’t be that random that the same names appear to win several competitions, I think I’ll be making a complaint to the Consumer Commission for them to determine if your process is robust , a very dissatisfied customer 

Where are competition winners?

Hey @Add_04344, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Once a competition has ended, the Three+ competition customer entrant data is collated for each Three+ competition (i.e. all customers who entered each competition and satisfy existing competition T+Cs) and is randomly assorted via independent third-party software to select the winners.  This list of competition winners is random and unique each time.

This assorted list of entrants is then called and once a customer answers the phone, they are deemed to be our competition winner.

In the interest of fairness to all competition entrants, we are not in a position to divulge any further detail on the process to ensure every entrant has an equal opportunity to enter.

Hey @Vincent_87741,   Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

The full list of winners is available in the Everything Three section of the Community and you can find this at the following link.

Hi Niall

thanks for the reply, I understand you can’t divulge any more information, so no need to reply however, I would like it noted how questionable this software is at “randomly” picking someone to win, like the same type of competition, ie concert tickets, won by the exact same person several times???? , I think a better more transparent solution is needed to satisfy your customers when it comes to the picking a winner. This has resulted in me having a very different opinion of the company I choose to give my mobile custom to, I’m sure others involved in the discussion over this feel the same