Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Question: Would you understand these product definitions?

Three_Pat
3 Community Admin

Question: Would you understand these product definitions?

Hello to all our UX Hub members! 😀

We would like to review the definitions used to describe some of our broadband products, and we would love to get your feedback and insights so we can understand how clear these definitions are.

Please leave comments below and tell us:

As a customer - do you understand the language used to describe these products.

ProductOne.PNG

For the next two products - please tell us if you feel you fully understand the difference between the two?

• Is it clear what the differences are?
  • Would these definitions help you purchase one over the other?

ProductTwo.PNG

ProductThree.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Ram28,@Darr85@Sasco@Jpmf1989@Add_06974, & @AndyMoran 

Hey guys, please have a read through this article and let us know what you think 😊

Hi @Three_Stacey , to start off I'd probably identify myself as a Self-Install Customer usually!

Both options were clear enough in terms of the different kind of kind of unit (the single all in one of the self-install) Vs secondary outdoor unit needed for the Engineer lead install of Tech Install.

The differences in theory are explained, no hint at possible lead time of the engineer bookings though, and more importantly to me, are there any actual speed differences between the two products (speed and device number), whether one is faster or not: either between the unit and your devices or the unit (indoor all in one Vs the outdoor unit).
The speed on the units (and full specs of each) themselves and also any possible reception boots from say the outdoor unit!
I'm assuming from the use of Superfast it means 5G (mobile) but this isn't outright stated. I'd also want both Up and Down speeds clearly noted, but that is me!

Edit: Shout if you want any clarification or more detail on any of my ramblings!

Hi,

Yes, understand them all, seems fairly simplified. Have used both with in the past, prepay internet and installation so understand the definitions.

Would it be worthwhile showing a table design drawing comparisons for specifications on each. Similarly how phone plans are done. E.g. Self Install, Engineer Required ‘X’ Tech Install Engineeer Required ‘ ’ then minimum/maximum speeds for each etc. 

Many Thanks

Hello @Three_Stacey ,

Yes, in terms of description, they are easy to understand. Additionally, I agree with the other comments; perhaps presenting the information in a table would make it even easier to understand. I was trying to put it in a table but here's a sample and you can always edit and add more considerations like images beside the product name, etc. 

Ram28_0-1714658090142.png

Thanks,

Mocster
Novice

Sim only would identify its a 4G or 5G sim card.

Most tech savy individuals would understand it acts like a mobile phone for data.  Not sure non tech savy or elderly people would.  

If they have an old phone router or renting a fiber router from a competitor sim option may not be valid.

As they would need to return rented ones or router not a sim compatible version that can plug a sim card in to it.  ENSURE current ROUTER IS SIM COMPATIBLE and does not need to be returned to last supplier of internet services.

Question 2.

Self install needs to be in an area of constant high quality signal.  That may be in the opposite side of the house to their home office etc.  They should check the signal (with their phone on 3 network) and ensure there is a plug / electrical socket and strong signal at a preferred location in the house/ appartment before choosing it.

I agree that for tech savy or people reliant on Internet speeds having typical download and upload speeds important.

External options might be a problem

If it's a listed building/ appartment which does not allow external units to be attached.

Again depends on age and size of dwelling but external connection might not be close to desired location of Internet in the dwelling.

As a customer of fiber broadband - router was in study BUT due to house design [walls acted as a Faraday cage for wifi signal] I needed ethernet cables / connection over power cables to expand wifi signal / connection to rest of dwelling

Again  upload and download comparison between self install and tech install would be needed. 

Hey Everyone, thanks for your feedback so far 😀

@Darr85 @Jpmf1989, & @Add_06974, just mentioning you here so you get a notification incase you would like to leave feedback on the above 😀