Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not getting texts?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not getting texts?

For over a week now texts are not being delivered to me, first I thought it was an issue between O2 and Vodafone but it turns out that O2 customers have sent me texts too which I have not received. Can someone look in to this for me please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once it's sorted you should be offered compensation

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have checked and everything is set up correctly, I can see a message waiting to go through so it could be the handset. Can you try turning the phone off and back on and if this does not work, try the sim in another phone?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alison, I've turned the phone off and back with no joy, I have a micro sim and don't have another phone I can try it in. There are at least 6 texts that I know of that I've missed all from different networks
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you call to an o2 store they can check the sim in another phone for you. I have checked all systems here and so far this is looking like a handset issue so we need to confirm this by putting the sim in to another phone.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the sim in a different phone and no texts arrived. I even tried sending a text form a phone on a different network to my number and it sent ok but again it did not arrive. The issue is definitely not with the handset
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll need to log this for our technicians, can you send us a PM by clicking the below link? I'll need an example of a text that you didn't get, as in the date, time and number.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks, is there any update on this case?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It normally takes 3-5 working days for a resolution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still waiting on an update. All the old messages arrived Friday evening so something must have been happening but nothing since
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you given a ref number Alan?