Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not getting texts?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not getting texts?

For over a week now texts are not being delivered to me, first I thought it was an issue between O2 and Vodafone but it turns out that O2 customers have sent me texts too which I have not received. Can someone look in to this for me please?
89 REPLIES 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful  to know something is being done...very frustrating....hopefully we will all be informed when this problem has been resolved..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity are O2 not in breach of the contract because you're not supplying the services that I am paying for?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once it's sorted you should be offered compensation
Anonymous
Not applicable

as we speak my phone is continuously vibrating with duplicates of the messages that were sent to me over the last however many days, last time it went on for over an hour! so far its been about 5 mins and must easily be 30 messages already. how has there not been a solution to this problem. I switched to O2 because i got sick of dealing with Meteor. Now it seems O2 are just as bad. Incredibly frustrating.

also i should add that occassionally i get a message which contains half of  that text with the end of another message attached half way through. and the second half is usually one from weeks ago or even months sometimes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have posted this case number already. It is an issue with Telefonica Ireland rejecting texts from abroad. I have a us phone and us number. This is the case number supplied from my provider. They even tried to text and theirs wwere rejected CM20111128_31707189
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a case number given to you by O2 Ireland?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a case number given by AT & T i requested from them as they are my provider here in the united states.  i have been sending texts to ireland since 16th November and none of them have been received.  AT&T said that Telefonica Ireland are ejecting the texts yet I am being charged for each of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry that should have read 'rejecting' as opposed to ejecting!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that should have read 'rejecting' as opposed to ejecting!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have been having his problem I have consulted with citizens information they have said i'm well within my rights to cancel my contract with 02 and have told me to contact consumer rights over the issue.