Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not getting texts?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not getting texts?

For over a week now texts are not being delivered to me, first I thought it was an issue between O2 and Vodafone but it turns out that O2 customers have sent me texts too which I have not received. Can someone look in to this for me please?
89 REPLIES 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

I'm not sure if i'm doing this right as this is my first time on a forum.  I hope you can help me.  I have a Samsung tocco lite and for the past two weeks I’ve been having an issue with Vodafone customers.  I can ring them and send them texts but I’m not receiving their replies.  I’ve seen the texts in their sent items so I know they’ve been sent to me.  As I use my phone for work this is becoming a major issue now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning Carofdny, your issue sounds like it is part of the larger issue affecting some customers. Our technical team have this with reference number 1343753. The issue is known, and we are working to fix it, but it is a complicated fix that takes a few days to go through.

We'll post up any updates that we can on the forum.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to ring customer 'care' about this to get any sort of an answer, they put me on hold for over 4 mins and then hung up 😕 does anyone in O2 care that they are losing customers over this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is really frustrating guys, and I promise that we are investigating it.

It's in hand and should be back to normal in a few days, we really appreciate your patience at this time.

If you'd like to discuss your situation feel free to drop us a PM on it, we'll post general updates here when we can.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the issue is "in hand" then surely you can tell me what the issue is and what is being done to resolve it.
I still feel that the issue is not getting the priority it deserves within O2. PM has been sent.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Crazy stuff with O2 and how poor ther customer service/ resolving time is, this has been on going with me since the 18th of October, and ive been around the hoops with customer care reps on the phone, between changing sim cards, calling to the stores, changing handsets ive heard it all and with every phone call its another excuse or another reason. Tell me its now resolved and when you reply with no its not, ah ok sorry ill have to escalate this to onto our tech team and thats as resent as this morning. 

They really are taking the p1ss like and i dont think they have a clue or maybe dont care what the problem is because they are taking no steps to resolve the problem and i really am running out of patience with it. They dont ring back when they say they will or anything.. shocking service from such a big company.

I ask them about breaking my contract and they say oh sorry its a 24 month contract you'll have to pay x amount of money, like what the hell is that about MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING and your doing nothing about it.

I wish they'd just ring me, just even once, and give me some idea on what the problem is instead of just fobing me off.

I wonder what % of customers its happening to...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry for any inconvenience, as Sheena has advised, it's in hand and should be back to normal in a few day, a fix is in place for this issue. We are taking it very seriously and trying to resolve it as soon as we can.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to try and get those answers for you guys. In the meantime we have a fix that is going through on the night of the 4th going into the 5th.

To be ready for this we need anyone affected by this issue to text BLOCK IT STOP to 50216. You can ignore whatever response you get.

If you need to use Block It, you will be able to set it back up again by following the instructions at this link, after the fix has been implemented: http://help.o2online.ie/kb/ps?type=search&search=1&searchtype=2&c=12&cid=21&cpc=&searchstring=3634

Once again, we are very sorry for the issues and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible, and I will try and get more information on the root cause of this for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure I follow. You have a fix? So, on the night of the 4th or 5th we should text BLOCK IT STOP to that number and the issue will be solved?