Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not getting texts?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not getting texts?

For over a week now texts are not being delivered to me, first I thought it was an issue between O2 and Vodafone but it turns out that O2 customers have sent me texts too which I have not received. Can someone look in to this for me please?
89 REPLIES 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I should have been clearer.

You can text BLOCK IT STOP to 50216 now, so that the Block It service is not active on your phone for the night of the 4th/5th. Even if you have not signed up to Block It before you should do this, as accidents happen and you may have activated it in error. Better to be safe than sorry anyway.

Yes, the fix is ready to go, but that is not a 100% guarantee. These things are complicated and so it takes a while to go through, and something may go wrong, but we'll keep you in the loop. All going well, by Monday morning full services will be back.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely ridiculous. I have never had such bad customer service. Even the fact that they are planning to fix it on the 4th/5th! Whats that about? Are they too busy until the 5th? Why not fix it NOW, or last week, or the week before? And as for charging if we break the contract - disgraceful. My contract is up in January, and I will be moving immediately. My children get better customer service from meteor on ready to go, while I pay up to 80 euro a month to  O2 and get fobbed off with apalling service, and general lack of interest. How much moaning do we have to do to get this sorted?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha just after phoning Customer Care to see if ther was any update as the phone received 30 odd back logged txts last nite and the guy just told me they wer still working on it, no mention of texting through to the Unblock or that a fix would be attempted on the 4th/5th, good job i checked on here!!!

Thanks Sheena for keeping informed and at least giving some sort of insight on the fault!

Fingers and toes crossed now this will work!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sheena, I did exactly as you described above and all now appears to be ok. Pity it took so long to find a resolution
Anonymous
Not applicable

still not working for me. I'm going to have to get a new service provider tomorrow. Sick of being out of contact with everyone. My children cant text me to let me know they're safe, or need lifts home. Moving to meteor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So tonights the night the fix goes through then??? Hope it works cos phones still not getting all messages and at this rate ill have no friends left!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't hold your breath. This is theTHIRD monday they've said they'll have it fixed by.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i'm presuming the fix didnt work.......well not so much presuming, i know it didnt work because i'm still not recieving messges. this will continue for another week or 2 and then i will get 200 duplicate messages in one big update disabling my phone for an extended period of time. I put in a complaint about this in another thread maybe 2 months ago. I fail to see how O2 have not found a solution to this yet. Could you please give us some real information on it and not just the standard dribble of 'we are working to fix this issue, it should be sorted by such an such date'. Yes, i am aware that a major company such as O2 would rather not release to the world that they have some major flaw in their system but it would be nice to be informed in some way of what is going on and not just be left in the lurch. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah i think it did actually work, i seem to be getting my messages again ok but then you can never be sure really and i didnt receive all my back log of messages 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue was resolved so it looks like there is something else happening with your number Finchy. I've put through a refresh there, can you restart your phone?

@Lou7, not all of the texts would have come through as the expiry date would be less than 24 hours by default on most texts.