Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Calls to SIM1 not being diverted to voicemail when SIM2 used

John_31975
Investigator

Calls to SIM1 not being diverted to voicemail when SIM2 used

Hi there

I just noticed that calls made to SIM 1 (Three) are not being diverted when SIM 2 is in use. The caller gets a message like "unable to connect this call" and the call gets terminated. I get no notification about the missed call.  As far as I can tell, the diversion to voicemail is works fine in other circumstances (on a call on SIM1, not answering the call received on SIM1 and phone turned off)

Is this normal behavior? It kind of defeating the purpose of having a dual SIM phone

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra.

Thank you,

John

10 REPLIES 10
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@John_31975 Hi John, that's a strange one. Your voicemail service for SIM 1 should work even when using SIM 2. Can I get you to check your voicemail number for both SIMs using the below steps?

Open the Phone app -> Press the menu button (3 dots) in the top-right corner -> Press Settings -> Press Voicemail -> Voicemail Number.

Your voicemail number for each SIM should be listed as your mobile number with a 5 after the prefix. For example, if your number was 083 123 4567 it should show as 083 5 123 4567. 

Let me know how you get on 😊

Thank you for your reply Shane

Unfortunately is not working. For both SIM cards I have short numbers for Voicemail, for Three SIM (SIM2) card is 171. When I try to change it, I get an error saying "Failed to read data. Your voicemail number can't be changed". I can change it for the other SIM card though.

Yesterday I was on chat with Three support team and they asked me to reset my voicemail by dialing ##002# and then to dial **004*08651234567#   (my number with 5 added a between 086 and the rest of the number). No joy. I restarted the phone, still no joy. I tried to set up the call forwarding from the phone from phone app -> 3 dots -> settings -> supplementary services -> SIM2 ->Call forwarding. All options found here have "no number set". I tried to edit the "Forward when unreachable" and added the 0865xxxxxxx number and although there is no error, it still shows up as "no number set". If I try to change it to 171 I get this error: "Failed to read data. Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again". Voice and data is working fine from SIM 2 though ...

I tried to call my voicemail from a different phone by dialing 0865xxxxxx but instead of getting the message to type in my PIN in order to listen to my voicemail, I get the "person you have called is unavailable". And I just setup my voicemail PIN 3-4 days ago so it should be active. So I guess there is something wrong with my voicemail setup. If I call 171, I can listen to my voicemail though.

My number is on bill pay, business account. I hope this information will help you identifying the issue.

Thank you

billbond4
Leader

Just out of interest, what happens if you switched sims? 

It made no difference. This is the 1st thing I tried actually, before contacting support or posting here, Three SIM was originally on SIM1 slot. It's so annoying 

@billbond4 thanks for the suggestion 😊

@John_31975 I'm going to need to check on your voicemail service to see if there's anything causing this. Can I get you to PM me your number along with your full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? Once I've checked on your account if nothing jumps out as being wrong I'll have our technical team look also. 

billbond4
Leader

I wonder would a new sim car help? As maybe their was an issue with the old sim card and having the dual sim phones highlighted it

Add_56682
Novice

I am having exactly same problem. 

I cannot get all calls to divert to personal greeting.

Spent hours on three message,  they don't seem to be able to help me.

Maybe request a new sim and try to create the divert again

Or if you have an old phone, try to create the divert on that device to see if that works

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @John_31975 & @Add_56682 , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I have been researching this here and it looks like the issue that you are both facing is a device issue rather than a network issue but I have some troubleshooting steps below that should work on Samsung devices:

Go to Settings

Select Connections

Select SIM Manager

Scroll down to select More SIM Settings

Select Dual SIM always on

Firstly, on this screen select "Select how to forward calls"
On the next screen you can choose whichever option applies to you, Forward Calls to any available SIM will mean that you will receive calls regardless of the SIM you have active in the phone.

Once you select Done you will be redirected to the original page where you can turn Dual SIM Always On and then restart your phone. 

This setting may automatically be turned off as a device default however if there is any issues pop back here and we can troubleshoot this further.