Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Error 0

Add_10990
Novice

Error 0

I have a Samsung A53 and every time I try to send a text message, it says 'Can't send message with 3 - error 0'. I bought the phone about 2 months ago and it has always been the same. Is it something to do with the message centre number?

32 REPLIES 32
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Add_10990 Hi there, happy Friday 😊 You can check the message centre number in the message settings - more settings - text message - message centre. The number here should be +353868002000. If you see a different number in there update to this number and try again. Let me know how you get on 👍

I get that sometimes

Can you create a new chat with the person/contact  ( archive/delete old thread)
Then try to send text and see if you still see the error message

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. My message centre number is different to the one you gave me above, but it's greyed out on my phone. How do I edit this?

Thanks, @billbond4 for the suggestions. 

@Add_10990 can you try the above & also check out the link billbond4 left to change your message centre number. Let me know if they help or if you're still having trouble let me know. 

Fiona1076
Investigator

Hi. I get this error when I try to text a competition number, such as 57557. It used to work for me. I have a Samsung galaxy now and I've checked settings, 3 confirmed no block on numbers. Googled this and see a few people having same issue. Yet can't seem to fix it. ??

Hi there @Fiona1076 That's not what I like to hear let me have a look at this for you😊 Please answer a few questions for me. What error are you getting when you send the text? Do you have screenshots available? When was the last time that you successfully sent a text to 57557?

Hi. I can't remember when it last worked but definitely in the last couple of months. It wouldn't work about 3 weeks ago and hasn't worked since. I received a text from 3 to say it was resolved but it's not. 

Screenshot_20220810-120906_Messages.jpg

This is the error I get when I try to text 57557