Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not receiving text messages

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not receiving text messages

Lately, my phone won't receive text messages - it sends them alright and my friends receive my messages OK.

I've checked message settings on my phone(LG Optimus) but everything seems normal.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked !! - Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I see you're fully set up for text messaging. Have you tried cleaning and repositioning the sim? If this doesn't work, try the sim in another phone to rule out it being an issue with the sim itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice -will try that so....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked !! - Thanks again!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I too have the same problem. Some texts that are sent to me are not always received. And the person who sends it even gets a delivery report! I see from previous threads that O2 can do a refresh on my phone or else send out a new SIM. Can this be looked into please?

Thanks.... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a reset there. Let me know if it has worked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daryll

The outstanding texts never came through. Should they have? Some were even sent in the past 24 hours. Will a new SIM be best to resolve the problem?

Thanks

Hi Sul, I think at this point you will need to try a new sim card. If you PM your address I can get one posted?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not receiving text messages sent from the Usa. Can you tell me why

Hi, are they being sent from one particular number or are you not receiving from multiple numbers?