Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot make outgoing calls

Add_03937
Novice

Cannot make outgoing calls

Hello, I have an iPhone 7 and since yesterday I cannot make any outgoing calls or texts. I have updated the version, restarted my phone, done a hard reset, and completely erased and reset my phone. Nothing has helped. I can receive calls and texts, my 3G/4G wasn’t working but suddenly started working again today so I can use WhatsApp. It’s getting a bit frustrating!
10 REPLIES 10
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Add_03937 Good morning and welcome to 3Community. We had logged out when you posted on Friday, I'm here now though. Tell me, how are things since you posted? Any changes? Have you reached out to Customer Care? Let me know 👍

I had a similar problem with my iPhone X. I also tried the same sim in an iPhone 7 and have the same problem. What seems to have solved the issue is removing the "0" from the area prefix.

For example, if I dial the number 083 xxxxxxx (both manually and from the contact list) the call works, it also works if I dial +353 83 xxxxxxx.

But if I try to dial +353 083 xxxxxxx (both manually and from the saved contacts) I receive a recorded message saying "Sorry, your call cannot be connected".

The weird thing is that I've been always using all my saved contacts in the form of +353 083 xxxxxxx but the problem began a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies for the double posting.

To complete the picture.

I was able to receive calls, but the weird thing is that after I received a call from someone I was able to call him back for a while (not sure how long as I did not tested it properly, maybe a day or so) even with the +353 083 xxxxxxx dial.

The customer service messaging suggested to go to a Three store to "re-activate" the sim (no idea of what that means).

Hi! I actually went to a Three store and after doing the usual checks on the phone the guy replaced my SIM card and it worked! He said it happens sometimes? I’m just happy to get my phone back to normal 😁

Thanks for the update. I'll try to go to a store and get my sim replaced.

Cheers.

@Flavio let us know if this sorts itself out after a SIM replacement. You can order one online or pick one up from a Three store. As you see from @Add_03937 post a SIM replacement worked.

Hi all.

A strange thing happened today. 

I tried to use the "call back" function from the voice mail and when the system tried to automatically re-dial the number, the same "Sorry, your call cannot be connected" message came in.

In the meantime, I'm wating for the sim replacement to arrive.

I replaced my SIM and activated it and unfortunately nothing changed.

@Flavio It's strange that this worked for you previously because the general rule is that you drop the 0 after the international prefix, in this case +353. I wouldn't have expected +353 083 xxxxxxx to have worked. When you call +353 83 xxxxxxx or 083 xxxxxxx now do they work? Also, regarding your voicemail function, could the calling number have been private?