Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Help to unlock iphone SIM Card

Neaar3
Investigator

Help to unlock iphone SIM Card

Hi there,

I was living in Ireland for the past 8 months and about 6 months ago i bought an used iphone 14 in one store in talbot street. Since i was already using a three SIM card, i just put it on my new phone and it worked very well. After that, i just forgot about SIM cards because everything was working very well, even in other countries in Europe when i visited then. 

On 11/11 i decided to travel back to my country (Brazil) because of my mom health and here in my country i cannot use a Three SIM card, so i decided to change to a new SIM card.

For my surprise, when i inserted it appeared on the screen that this phone is blocked for this SIM card. To be honest i didnt even know that exist until now. 

I searched some info and saw that i can ask to unlock my phone through Three website or in a Three store, but when i try to do by website, a part started to ask to confirm code sent by SMS and unfortunatelly i am not receiving SMS's through my old number here in Brazil (i dont know if i need to top up to activate roaming, if i need to just let me know and i will do that).

It is important to mention that here in my country we dont have a Three store, so that second option is impossible right now. 

I have the box of my iphone with all hardware informations needed. I tried to contact apple and they said that you guys can help me with that and they dont handle this kind of thing. Can you help me?

ps: i will probably return to ireland in 2024, but i didn't want to stay without any network here, since my country is very dangerous and i use my phone to inform my parents where i am or to ask for a driver to pick me up if something happens.

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Neaar3, when you purchased the used phone in Ireland you would need to contact the original owner of the phone as we would only be able to unlock the phone if we are talking to the original purchaser of the device from Three.

So, it is impossible to solve this problem, even if i am willing to give you all my information?

Well, how would i know about this if i only used a Three SIM Card through this whole time? How would i be able to get a contact info of the original owner if i am in Brazil right now? Even if i go back to Ireland, do you think they would give me the information, since i bought it in a store and not directly with the original owner? and even if they give me all the information, its not certain that the original owner still uses the same number or something like that. 

For me, thats crazy. I have all the information that i need as a buyer but i need more to solve a problem that they didnt inform to me at first. 

It is really impossible to solve this? I am even willing to pay to use roaming here in my country to help to solve my problem. I had such a good customer care help using three while i was in Ireland.

If you purchased the phone in a Three store and it is your details that are on the account attached to the phone then we would be able to request an unlocking code as part of the agreement between Three Ireland and the purchaser of the device from Three however for security purposes we would not be able to unlock the phone for someone other than the account holder.