Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Loyalty and Upgrades

Add_14897
Investigator

Loyalty and Upgrades

I have been a 3 customer since my first phone. I have been using my iPhone 6 16GB for about 8 years now. Apple has done well to support and keep my device up to date, but it's finally nearing its end of life. I have been using 3 Network for I would guess about 12 years. Now, it's time to upgrade

But what does getting an upgrade mean? If not just a new device. Surely my loyalty to the company means something. It does with Apple, given how they have supported quite an 'outdated device' by today's standards. But 3 Network, they have only increased prices and altered details on my plan. I will buy Apple again because they have proven they can and will support my device for as long as I use it

Now I am at the point where I need a new device, and so far 3 has not shown why I should stay with them. For a customer like me, 3 needs to show they care about my loyalty. So when I see I will be paying full price for an upgrade, I hesitate.

It costs companies a lot more money to obtain new customers as opposed to keeping current customers. So 3 is telling me then, that my loyalty means nothing and I should probably sign up with a different network. It's apparent that 3 don't put any effort into keeping loyal customers as during the process of upgrading, nowhere do they mention the 12 years I have been with them and why that counts toward something, as I believe it should and so should they.

So, with the mild ranting done now, what do I do? As far as I can tell, my options are, to stay with a service that doesn't care or change to a new cheaper one. If there are other options for me I would love to hear them.

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Aaron
3 Moderator

@Add_14897 I would love to look into this further for you and access your account. For me to do this I will need to validate your account firstly. When you have a moment can you please send me private message with your full name, full address, mobile number and date of birth, please?

How do I send a private message?

You'll be able to send a PM by clicking on the link below and I'll be able to help your further from there!

Three_James
3 Moderator

Hi @Add_14897 Just checking back in with you. You'll be able to send a PM to provide your details and I can help go over available upgrade options with you then.