Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

New iPhone won’t activate iMessage

Daniel_06653
Investigator

New iPhone won’t activate iMessage

Hi there,

weird problem: got new iphone yesterday, and the iMessage (on a phone number) won’t activate on it. I feel like i tried everything and apple suggested contacting network provider.

yesterday it would keep saying “waiting for activation” but today just keeps returning “activation failed” instantly.

any help would be most appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Daniel_06653 Hi there 👋 It sounds like you've tried lots of troubleshooting steps already, can you take a look at this article over here to see if everything there has been tried? How are things today, any chance to what you reported yesterday?

Thank you, yes I've tried apple article, it was the first thing I've tried. I spoke to Apple Support at length including senior support who after removing into the phone and doing some tests assured me that issue is on Network providers side. iMessage activates fine for Apple ID, but not for phone number, which is verified by the network I was explained. Also no, I tried again today, and initially it changed into "waiting for activation" before changing back to "failed to activate".

@Daniel_06653 Can you check that your number is saved correctly in your settings? 

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.

If it's correct pop me a PM with your details so I can log this with our tech team to take a look, if that's ok with you of course 😃

Hi. Just browsing through the forum and figured that many people have the same issue.

My wife and I recently moved to Three and our iMessage and FaceTime activation error is still there from Day 1.

We have tried all the suggested methods on internet. It connects to our Email Ids but not phone number. 

can you please look into it?

@Lalit_00009 Hello there and welcome to 3Community. You've mentioned that you've tried suggested methods, I'm wondering have you checked your "contact" number too? Is it your old number or the temporary Three number? 

Hi Deborah, thank you for the revert.

It’s the correct number ( the one which I currently hold). I added that in my Icloud and but always gives trouble during activation. Not sure why. 

Thanks,

Lalit

@Lalit_00009 thanks for that and for taking the time to go through the suggestions. When you get the chance, can you send us a PM with your details? > full name, number, address and date of birth. One of the team will take it from there 👍