Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage and Face Time- an error occurred during activation

LuciaMalaga
Investigator

iMessage and Face Time- an error occurred during activation

Hi,

I am posting here because I am at the end of my wits on this. FaceTime has been working perfectly on my phone for the last 3-4 years, got an iPhone 11. iMessage and FaceTime have been trying and failing to activate since yesterday morning. Three says it's all fine on their end. Apple says it's fine on THEIR end. 

I keep getting fobbed off with no help or real solution because Three and Apple just keep saying they can't do anything. I have troubleshooted everything:

1. Turning my phone on and off, several times

2. Turning off iMessage and FaceTime, turning them back on

3. Turning WiFi on and off, turning data on and off, turning airplane mode on and off

4. Signing out of Apple and signing back in on my phone

5. Checked my date and time, it's accurate under settings

6. Checked that my number is accurate under settings

Could you please advise?

16 REPLIES 16
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@LuciaMalaga Hello there, in the last day or two a couple of other members contacted us about iMessage too. So it'd be great if you could send me a PM with your details. I'll check if there are any similarities and open an investigation. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Same issue here since last night, I have sent you a PM Deborah

@ckubik I see your PM, and the more examples we have the better!

hannah1126
Novice

having the exact same problem i reset my phone took my sim out and put it back in nothing will work

This is also happening me. I just yesterday switched from an iPhone XS Max that I’ve had for the past 2 1/2 years and had no issue with to the iPhone 13 pro max and I have spoken to apple in depth regarding the issue and they have assured me the problem is on the carrier side as my icloud email works perfectly for iMessage but not my phone number. Could I please get details on how to rectify this issue and could you come up with a permanent solution to this ridiculous issue that is quite clearly ongoing and doesn’t seem to have been solved as of yet. 

Hi Deborah, 

Exact same problem from me. Apple ran all of their checks and confirmed no issue their end. Finding this page tells me there is definitely an issue on Three’s end. 

Thanks

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Hi all, 

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting you've all mentioned above and of course, thanks to those of you who have sent me your details in PM. Our network team are investigating this as a priority and are engaging with their counterpart team in Apple.  The root cause is being determined , where it lies, and most importantly how to fix it for you.

I can't promise a fix time as of yet but I'll pop back here by the end of the day. 

Hi all,

Coming back to you as promised. We've done some testing and the results are looking good. So can you switch off iMessage/Facetime and switch it back on. Please let me know if it activates or if it doesn't.

Thank you Deborah. Whatever change you made in the background has done the trick for me anyway and I have been able to activate now. Thanks.