Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage and Face Time- an error occurred during activation

LuciaMalaga
Investigator

iMessage and Face Time- an error occurred during activation

Hi,

I am posting here because I am at the end of my wits on this. FaceTime has been working perfectly on my phone for the last 3-4 years, got an iPhone 11. iMessage and FaceTime have been trying and failing to activate since yesterday morning. Three says it's all fine on their end. Apple says it's fine on THEIR end. 

I keep getting fobbed off with no help or real solution because Three and Apple just keep saying they can't do anything. I have troubleshooted everything:

1. Turning my phone on and off, several times

2. Turning off iMessage and FaceTime, turning them back on

3. Turning WiFi on and off, turning data on and off, turning airplane mode on and off

4. Signing out of Apple and signing back in on my phone

5. Checked my date and time, it's accurate under settings

6. Checked that my number is accurate under settings

Could you please advise?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Deborah, 

As discussed in private message, it works for me now!!! Thank you so much for the fast solution!!!

Hi Deborah 

mine is still not activated. I have switched it off and back on and I’m still getting an error message. I also switched it off, restarted my phone and switched on again and still no joy. 

Same here, tried it a few times now, restarted phone etc but it says iMessage activation unsuccessful 

Tried it again this evening and now it finally works!

@Rachael_05464 sorry to hear it hasn't activated. will you try again and if it's unsuccessful please send me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth. @ckubik Delighted that it's sorted 

Hi, having the same issue with iMessage tried all steps tried Apple support nothing works. 

@AnteJ86 Hello, has there been any change over the weekend for you? If not, send me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth.