Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS not working

Add_02811
Investigator

SMS not working

Hi,

Since a few days I am not able to send SMS and iMessage and Facetime can't be activated as a result. It's a huge problem, I replaced the SIM card with a replacement one but nothing does. Could you check it for me please. I am using an iPhone on latest iOS version. Everything was working fine a few days ago. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_02811 this is not what we like to hear! Tell me, are your SMS failing to everyone? Are you Billpay or Prepay?

@Three_Deborah This is failing to everyone I think but maybe not locally (irish numbers), internationally the message are sent but are not delivered (I tried with a few different people and with two different devices). I am on Prepay & have around 20e credit, that has been added not one month ago!

@Add_02811 okay thanks for the info. Can you send an SMS to an Irish number, even yourself? This will eliminate if it's international text vs all text. You mentioned that you put through a SIM replacement, when was that and was it successful? Lastly, has an investigation been open for you? If not, I'm happy to do this and include all the details you've given me.

I have sent to multiple people now, including myself. I did receive it, haven't heard of others as of now. I got confirmation from international that several text were sent to me and I haven't received any.

I replaced the SIM yesterday after being unable to get SMS working for a few days (more than a week now I think). 

I have no idea if an investigation has been opened, I just feel no one is actively trying to sort it so if you can open one that would be great.

@Add_02811 will you send us a PM, with your full name, number, address and date of birth? If there isn't an open investigation, we'll start one for you

Ok how long before you can resolve this?

@Add_02811 it can take 5-7 working days. Sometimes it's faster. One of the team here will check your PM and we'll go from there.